Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see you can purchase nav screen and controller for the fiat / Miata used on eBay . Is the spider pre wired for the upgraded unit?. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger on a new Spider Lusso.......is the Nav system a quality System? Not sure its a must today with phone technology.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ready to pull the trigger on a new Spider Lusso.......is the Nav system a quality System? Not sure its a must today with phone technology.

The Nav system is worth it if you do not buy from Fiat and don't need real-time traffic in my opinion. The SD cards are going for $50-70 on Amazon and Ebay nowadays and unlock the Nav system given you get the base

touchscreen.

It can get you from point A to B, but there are some differential equations to solve to answer the question on
whether you can get real-time traffic on certain model combinations.

I mainly use my iPhone to play music and navi guidance over bluetooth while only occasionally using the built-in Fiat system in tandem to see the immediate area streets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picking up my Lusso in two days, already have the SD card ready. Will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perfect install on my 2018 Lusso this morning. Highly recommended.

I followed the instructions on Ameridan's blog. The whole process took 3 minutes, total, including the system acquiring the satellites.

Quick summary: With the car off, open the SD card cover by pressing down and out on the little notch. Put the nav card in, label side up, unlocked. Turn on the car, and select Navigation from the menu. It should load right up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would like an aftermarket option to become available for the Classica. Doubt that is going to happen given the dash configuration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts