Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading some of the post on the forum, I'm a bit confused and need to ask. I have an old OBD II reader (12 or so years old). I'm assuming this will work to check CEL codes. Do I need to carry this or is there a way to clear the codes that is built into the 124? It also looks like from what I've read, some codes are self clearing after so many miles with no further issues. Is this accurate? Thanks in advance for any input.

Bill B.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You need the code reader to clear the codes as far as I'm aware. And my reoccurring CEL from my O2 sensor sometimes goes off on it's own and sometimes I have to clear it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Reading some of the post on the forum, I'm a bit confused and need to ask. I have an old OBD II reader (12 or so years old). I'm assuming this will work to check CEL codes. Do I need to carry this or is there a way to clear the codes that is built into the 124? It also looks like from what I've read, some codes are self clearing after so many miles with no further issues. Is this accurate? Thanks in advance for any input.

Bill B.
Note that some of the cheaper code readers do not seem to properly interface with our 124 port. You might look elsewhere on this forum for the brands that people are using. Mine is a U-Scan. My older one is a generic Chinese unit that doesn't work at all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Note that some of the cheaper code readers do not seem to properly interface with our 124 port. You might look elsewhere on this forum for the brands that people are using. Mine is a U-Scan. My older one is a generic Chinese unit that doesn't work at all.
Mine is an AutoXray EZ Read 1000. I bought it in the early 2000's and it's worked on anything I've hooked it up to but I'll do some research and probably get one to add to my tool bag that will go in the trunk. I don''t have any CEL lights, I just want to be prepared. Thanks

Bill B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts