Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Fiat 124 Spider club in or near the hudson Valley New York area.
If anyone knows of one please contact me.
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
330 Posts
Tony, I live in Albany. While the FIAT Club America has local clubs/chapters AFAIK we don't have anything really local to the capital district or upper Hudson Valley. Perhaps we can get input from other spider owners (new and vintage) in the general area and at least gather (in a socially distant way) for a drive/meet up and something could develop as a result. Thoughts?

Reactions: BobbR

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tony, I live in Albany. While the FIAT Club America has local clubs/chapters AFAIK we don't have anything really local to the capital district or upper Hudson Valley. Perhaps we can get input from other spider owners (new and vintage) in the general area and at least gather (in a socially distant way) for a drive/meet up and something could develop as a result. Thoughts?
Hi There,
Yes, I woundn't mind meeting up sometime, and I thought if I could not find a Spider club. I would be interested in starting one.
Do you think we could find enough people to start one?
Are you interested in meeting up?
Tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the New York city area and would love to have a meet up or a club to join.

Hi Luvmyspider,

I was glad to hear from you. your the second reply that I've recieved.
I live in Red Hook NY and the other reply I recieved was from Albany.
I not sure about forming a formal club but I would like to get together
and have a meetup maybe a couple of times a year, just to talk about our cars.
We could compare models and any modifications that we've done.
Lets see where this goes, I'll try to keep in touch with everyone.
Tony

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replying,
I'd like to get more info on the Fiat Freak Out for next year.
If you have any more info, please let me know.
As for now, with the few replies I've gotten from my post,
if people are interested in just getting together I'll pick a date and place and we'll see what happens.
Tony

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
330 Posts
FFO 2021 is scheduled for Lancaster PA. Not that far a drive for us Eastern NYS residents.

Reactions: BobbR

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FFO 2021 is scheduled for Lancaster PA. Not that far a drive for us Eastern NYS residents.

That meeting sounds good and I'll probally go to it, but I'd like to set up some kind of
"Meet and Greet" in the Hudson Valley. Just some casual get together to talk about our cars and show them off.
We would have to follow Covid rules, but I'm sure it could be done safely.
Right now, I'm looking at the middle of September, on a Sunday, at the Hudson Valley Mall in Kingston NY.
I'm going to post an ad on this web site and see what happens.

·
Registered
2012 Fiat ABARTH, 1980 Fiat X1/9, 1979 Fiat X1/9, 1986 Fiat X1/9, 2016 Fiat 500X
6 Posts
Ciao Tony! Just a suggestion here.....

Fiat Club America has been in existence since 1983. It's the largest and most active Fiat club in North America. I won't go into history and details right now, but I just want to let you know that there already exists a long-standing network of resources to address your desires! You can call upon the nearly four decades of Fiat Club America's experience, including a website, a number of national and regional Facebook pages, regional club chapters (specifically the club's "Northeast Coast" chapter that includes NY), and a splendid print magazine. I urge you to check it out and use the resources that are already available to all Fiat enthusiasts in the form of Fiat Club America!

Even though the club has been around nearly forty years, our #1 problem has always been "Oh? I didn't know there is a club." As an all-volunteer organization, our budgets are too limited to advertise and promote ourselves as we'd like. It's our "fault" that you don't know about us, but now you do...and I strongly urge you to join and then use our resources to find other enthusiasts in your region. Some members in nearby CT, northern NJ, and metro NYC often hold drives and other events, and if those are not convenient to you, you will get plenty of support and encouragement to create your own chapter in your area.

Consider this: Fiat Club America was created three months after Fiat announced their departure from N. America, and for the next twenty-five years, Fiat didn't exist in the USA and Canada. Yet, the club continued and grew during that time! That alone is a testament to the level of enthusiasm and commitment that the club has.

Want a "Hudson Valley" chapter for 124 Spider fans? It's yours for the asking, using the resources of Fiat Club America!(y)

·
Registered
2012 Fiat ABARTH, 1980 Fiat X1/9, 1979 Fiat X1/9, 1986 Fiat X1/9, 2016 Fiat 500X
6 Posts
I am looking for a Fiat 124 Spider club in or near the hudson Valley New York area.
If anyone knows of one please contact me.
Thanks Tony
UPDATE: For quite a few years, the Northeast Coast chapters of Fiat Club America have held a car corral at the vintage weekend at Lime Rock in CT. A bunch of Fiat club folks will be there.

From Tim, the club secretary: "The next event For the Northeast Coast Chapter is the Gathering of The Marques On the track at Lime Rock Park on Sunday Sept 6th." Just FYI.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Bobb,
For the info, I'm going to join the Fiat Club of America today.
and I'm going to show up at Lime Rock on Sept. 6th.
I hope the event is still on.
Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ciao Tony! Email me and I'll share some info, including direct contact with some of the members in the Northeast Coast region, including our club secretary, Tim, who is in Bethel, CT, and is the "head guy" for the Fiats and Lancias at this gathering at Lime Rock. Tim has his finger on the pulse of enthusiasts in that region. THANKS for considering joining our club. It's an absolutely wonderful group, unlike any car club I've ever seen or experienced in my nearly 40 years of auto enthusiast involvement. People like you are the "real deal" in that you actually reached out and began actively seeking fellow enthusiasts! No one ever really needs to be in a car club, but true enthusiasts really want to be sharing experiences with others of like mind! That's how I got this all started back in 1983! Grazie Mille.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Luvmyspider,

I was glad to hear from you. your the second reply that I've recieved.
I live in Red Hook NY and the other reply I recieved was from Albany.
I not sure about forming a formal club but I would like to get together
and have a meetup maybe a couple of times a year, just to talk about our cars.
We could compare models and any modifications that we've done.
Lets see where this goes, I'll try to keep in touch with everyone.
Tony
Thank you, l live in Gravesend Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore in the summer.
I would love to meet up.
Thanks for trying and put this together.
Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you, l live in Gravesend Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore in the summer.
I would love to meet up.
Thanks for trying and put this together.
Alan
Ciao Alan. FYI: Fiat Club America has a number of members on Long Island, northern NJ, and at least one very active and long-time member with a summer home on the Jersey Shore (he has a "Prima Edizione" 124 Spider). I can connect you with him if you wish. Buon Fortuna.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts