Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These matts to a great job of letting dirt fall through them so your floor always looks clean. My matts are red and black - matching the exterior color. They look great. I also got a cover from California Car Cover

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry to spam your post, but I still have a like-new tan set for sale (wound up going with terracotta instead - matched the Bronzo Magnetico better in my opinion) - they would look great with the Saddle interior if anyone's interested, happy to make a good deal.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Love mine. Red and black to match Abarth

·
Registered
676 Posts
These matts to a great job of letting dirt fall through them so your floor always looks clean. My matts are red and black - matching the exterior color. They look great. I also got a cover from California Car Cover
As great as these mats look, what's the point of having them if they let dirt fall through to the carpet below?
What am I missing here???

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have had no problems with dirt falling through
Maybe you're right. I have Weathertech in my daily driver, and the Madness mats in the 124. Both cars are looking pretty nasty on the floor boards due to the amount of dirt accumulated, that has not fallen through.

I'm guessing lifting up the Cocos and vacuuming isn't such a hardship!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I saw the Coco manufacturing video some time back that someone posted here, a pretty interesting process. Falling through, I don't think dirt is sifting through the mat onto the floor below, it is likely falling through the fairly course and open surface weave and stops at the carpet backing. I don't know how easily that cleans out, I don't own them.

I do know that taking 30 seconds each to shop vac my black factory mats every week or two is keeping them nice and fresh looking.

Steve.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Using my shop vac

I saw the Coco manufacturing video some time back that someone posted here, a pretty interesting process. Falling through, I don't think dirt is sifting through the mat onto the floor below, it is likely falling through the fairly course and open surface weave and stops at the carpet backing. I don't know how easily that cleans out, I don't own them.

I do know that taking 30 seconds each to shop vac my black factory mats every week or two is keeping them nice and fresh looking.

Steve.
It takes two minutes, one on each mat. It I go to the car wash, which lets you use their super duper
Vac for free, then it takes 30 seconds, like you said. Theses are some of the best mats I have owned.

Made in USA!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
They look cool. I had some in a VW bug back in the 70's. They sure have gone up in the last 40 years...ha. I think I'll wait until I get out of hock from the car......trying to avoid what Tennessee Ernie Ford Used to say..."Another day older and deeper and debt.."

·
Registered
604 Posts
I purchased mine from Coco Mats (cocomats.com) and they have a solid rubber backing. No dirt falls through them at all.

I shake them out, vacuum them, then wipe them down with a damp rag... Good as new.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I purchased mine from Coco Mats (cocomats.com) and they have a solid rubber backing. No dirt falls through them at all.

I shake them out, vacuum them, then wipe them down with a damp rag... Good as new.
Yes they make very nice all weather mats, they are quite heavy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts