Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had fault code P2227 and then P1185 & P0069. I cleared it about 2 weeks ago and it has come back today. My research lead me to think its the pressure sensor (68217630AA)

Any input would be great from you guys

Tony

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,829 Posts
Any modifications added at that MAP sensor on the intake manifold? Like a piggyback box or PnP Boost Gauge? If not, try unplugging and re fit. It could be the sensor itself, yes but try the simple stuff first!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
No mods on the MAP sensor. Waiting for a tin of Electrical Contact Cleaner to arrive and will unplug it

cheers

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
P2227

Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Barometric pressure value differs from the other pressure
sensors by a calibrated amount.
The barometric pressure measures atmospheric pressure. The sensor is part of the Powertrain Control
Module (PCM) and is not replaceable separately.

2. CHECK RELATED PCM AND COMPONENT CONNECTIONS
1. Perform any Service Bulletins that apply.
2. Disconnect all PCM harness connectors.
3. Disconnect all related in-line harness connections (if equipped).
4. Disconnect the related component harness connectors.
5. Inspect harness connectors, component connectors, and all male and female terminals for the following conditions:
Proper connector installation.
Damaged connector locks.
Corrosion.
Other signs of water intrusion.
Weather seal damage (if equipped).
Bent terminals.
Overheating due to a poor connection (terminal may be discolored due to excessive current draw).
Terminals that have been pushed back into the connector cavity.
Check for spread terminals and verify proper terminal tension.
Repair any conditions that are found.
6. Reconnect all PCM harness connectors. Be certain that all harness connectors are fully seated and the connector
locks are fully engaged.
7. Reconnect all in-line harness connectors (if equipped). Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the
connector locks are fully engaged.
8. Reconnect all related component harness connectors. Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the
9. With the scan tool, erase DTCs.
10. Test drive or operate the vehicle in accordance with the when monitored and set conditions.
11. With the scan tool, read DTCs.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
P 1185

Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) compares the Boost Pressure Sensor, MAP Sensor and BARO Sensor
values.
If two sensors are within a specific range of each other and another is not, the value outside of the specified range
is declared irrational.

2. CHECKING THE MAP SENSOR
1. Perform the diagnostic procedure for CHECKING THE MAP SENSOR OPERATION

CHECKING THE MAP SENSOR OPERATION
Diagnostic Test
1. MAP SENSOR WIRING OR CONNECTORS
NOTE: Diagnose and repair any MAP Sensor circuit DTCs before proceeding with this test.
NOTE: Diagnose and repair any sensor supply or system voltage DTCs before proceeding with this test.
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Using the wiring diagram/schematic as a guide, inspect the wiring and connectors between the MAP Sensor and the
PCM.
3. Look for any chafed, pierced, pinched, or partially broken wires.
4. Look for broken, bent, pushed out or corroded terminals.
5. Turn the ignition on.
6. Monitor the scan tool data relative to the sensor and wiggle test the wiring and connectors.
7. Look for the data to change or for a DTC to set during the wiggle test. If necessary, check each sensor circuit for high
resistance or a shorted condition.

·
Super Moderator
791 Posts
P0069

Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) performs the following rationality tests to check the Manifold Air Pressure
Sensor and Barometric Pressure Sensor: At PCM power-up, the manifold pressure is compared with barometric
pressure. If the two do not correlate and it cannot be determined which sensor is faulty, then this code is reported.

2. CHECK RELATED PCM AND COMPONENT CONNECTIONS
1. Perform any Service Bulletins that apply.
2. Disconnect all PCM harness connectors.
3. Disconnect all related in-line harness connections (if equipped).
4. Disconnect the related component harness connectors.
5. Inspect harness connectors, component connectors, and all male and female terminals for the following conditions:
Proper connector installation.
Damaged connector locks.
Corrosion.
Other signs of water intrusion.
Weather seal damage (if equipped).
Bent terminals.
Overheating due to a poor connection (terminal may be discolored due to excessive current draw).
Terminals that have been pushed back into the connector cavity.
Check for spread terminals and verify proper terminal tension.
Repair any conditions that are found.
6. Reconnect all PCM harness connectors. Be certain that all harness connectors are fully seated and the connector
locks are fully engaged.
7. Reconnect all in-line harness connectors (if equipped). Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the
8. Reconnect all related component harness connectors. Be certain that all connectors are fully seated and the
9. With the scan tool, erase DTCs.
10. Test drive or operate the vehicle in accordance with the when monitored and set conditions.
11. With the scan tool, read DTCs.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks for all that info.
Will try and understand it all when I get a mo.
Tony...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, so I've scanned the124 with a foxwell NT530 and the barometric pressure is 95kpa.
I then scanned the 595 (new in march) and the barometric pressure is 101kpa.
Currently where I am its 1013mb on my weather station and the bbc weather website.
The 595 seems to match, but the 124 is out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check all the connections and seem ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts