Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this morning I was driving my white Abarth to an art class, thinking about how I've never seen a 124 in the wild (including the Lusso and Classica trim levels). On my way home I slammed on my brakes when I saw a white Abarth parked at the curb, and parked in front of it. I got out to take a photo of them side-by-side. THEN, another 'white' Abarth rolled around the corner and the driver waved as he drove by! Such synchronicity. Maybe I should purchase a lotto ticket tonight.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
Just when you think there are none around...boom....I saw a bronze one driving home the other day from a doctor visit...he just came driving right by me...

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I've seen two other Abarth 124s on the road in Melbourne since we got it in late Oct. And when flashy new models hit the road in Melbourne, you see them on the roads in no time in the trendy inner suburbs. On my morning commute, Porsches are a dime a dozen, Astons are not that rare, AMGs and M-cars are pathetically common. I haven't seen a single Abarth 124 on the road my side of town. And here, Abarth badged 500s definitely outnumber regular Fiat 500s too.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sounds like it's only a matter of time until you see a few more 124 Spiders in Melbourne.

Wonder if the owners of those two other white spiders are on this forum.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it's only a matter of time until you see a few more 124 Spiders in Melbourne.

Wonder if the owners of those two other white spiders are on this forum.
I did meet up with the owner (car on the right) but forgot to ask him if he is on the forum. He's very pleased with some HP upgrades via Madness, and plans on doing some new type of faux carbon fiber treatment on the mirrors, which supposedly look identical to the real deal. I meant to ask him about his side fender Abarth badges, as I've never seen them in that lower location before.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What was the magnet? Where is this, Santa Monica?
Belmont Shore in Long Beach, a very nice shopping district. There some pretty amazing cars which show up here, especially the classics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have only seen one other in Houston. I think it was parked outside of Cuchara (really good Mexican bistro). Coffee and Cars is tomorrow morning. Might head to that and check out the cars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts