Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
V4 intake is about 7 rwhp and 6 ft-lbs more than the V1 intake according to the graphs posted on the website....see below

But honestly this is what I am more concerned about...inlet air temperature as show below...the cooler average temperature of the air coming in helps the intercooler and in turn will keep me farther away from the knock sensors pulling power...especially when summer and hot temps arrive...I will take any reduction in heat I can get...especially where I live...

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124/products/eurocompulsion-fiat-124-spider-abarth-v4-air-induction-kit

that all being said if you like a little more turbo noise...then the V4 is for you...>:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V4 intake is about 7 rwhp and 6 ft-lbs more than the V1 intake according to the graphs posted on the website....see below

But honestly this is what I am more concerned about...inlet air temperature as show below...the cooler average temperature of the air coming in helps the intercooler and in turn will keep me farther away from the knock sensors pulling power...especially when summer and hot temps arrive...I will take any reduction in heat I can get...especially where I live...

https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/fiat-124/products/eurocompulsion-fiat-124-spider-abarth-v4-air-induction-kit

that all being said if you like a little more turbo noise...then the V4 is for you...>:)
Agree, Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are going to be in Phoenix and surronding areas this coming mid-week Feb. 8thish...I'm a fellow Fiat White Luso owner. I was curious regarding some of your mod's. Mainly the noise of your custom exhaust. Didn't know if you were close and/or around and could possibly catch a quick listen.

Keep me posted. Phone call preferred 248-969-1107, not much of an emailer. If you prefer, here is my email [email protected] and I would be happy to contact you

Thank you in advance Jim from MI

·
Registered
958 Posts
Who has Installed a Cold-air intake? Type? Satisfied?
I also have tried the EuroCompulsion V1 & V4. I went with the V1 when I added the Euro+Drive Lite with the Dynamic map. I am completely satisfied with that combination, and the GFB DV+. I installed the V4 when I tuned up to the Race map on the EDL. I have only driven with that combination for about 30 miles, so I'm still evaluating.

Both intakes are very high quality and fit perfectly. If you, or anyone else, would like to purchase a used V1 intake, let me know through a private message.

Reactions: Faster2day

·
Registered
126 Posts
Has anyone installed the V2 intake? What are the advantages and disadvantages there? Is the increased turbo noise livable?

·
Registered
3,723 Posts

Reactions: sdlynx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I have the V2 installed. Its has lots of induction noise the spool of the turbo is very loud and under boost it becomes a turbo whistle noise

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
A stupid sugestion, I have the V1 installed, Here in Quebec in the summer it gets hot but not like the US, but if stuck in traffic, it gets worst than the US heat. LOL
If I wrap the V1 with aluminum foil it will insulate the V1 from the engine heat.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Greg, I read somewhere that the engine cover must be removed if the V4 is used, is that true?
You need to remove the cover during in install process to access 2 bolts. Maybe that's what you read and are remembering?

Reactions: NYProf

·
Registered
958 Posts
Aluminum foil is not a good insulator. Aluminum by itself is a widely used heat conductor.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts