Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an Abarth with manual transmission and Brembo brakes and Recaro seats. It came with the aluminum color. I will pick it up next week so in the meantime I downloaded the owner's manual.
In the manual I read where you cannot start the car if the temperature outside is too cold!
the ECM will not allow the car to even turn over if the temperature is too low. The manual did not state the temperature and I am assuming it is a pretty low set point, but I still found that curious when they offer options that include outside heated mirrors.;) Hate to go to lunch and find out that is was so cold I would have to walk home and come back and get the car in the spring. :D Is this downloaded manual correct? If so does anyone know what this low temperature is?

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Minnesotans may need to be concerned. :( No problem here. Never goes below freezing. :)

·
Banned
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read in other Fiat/Abarth forums that it's -30°C.
Thanks! Where I live it does sometimes get that cold, but infrequently and this not being my only transportation I expect the Abarth will be warm and comfy back in my garage on those days.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not many places will see -30°C temperatures and even then it's a rare occurrence. Unless you live at the tip of Canada, then that's a different scenario.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmmm.... at -30 I might even have to leave the top up. I guess there isn't any point in taking it out when it's that cold, anyway.

·
Banned
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it got below -22F (-30C) in Cleveland a few nights last winter. I think the interlock is a good idea. I had to start one of my other cars on those mornings and the groaning and scraping and struggling noises that came out of that car were enough to make you weep.
Wouldn't want to do that to the Abarth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts