Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@68wooley...A favorite is Independence Pass to Glenwood Springs on the 82.

Dan
Parents are coming out from Scotland in a two weeks, which mean Mrs W and myself get to go Spidering over Independance Pass for a night in Aspen sans children...always assuming its open by then...

· Registered
2,090 Posts
Parents are coming out from Scotland in a two weeks, which mean Mrs W and myself get to go Spidering over Independance Pass for a night in Aspen sans children...always assuming its open by then...
Been there for hiking up the hill for first snow skiing. Have a dram for me, when the parents arrive. Dam* 6/2/2018 is sure sounding good.

Dan

· Registered
2,424 Posts
@68wooley, wish I could make it. Quite a long ways for me. Maybe one day we can split the distance and do something around Vail. I still haven't seen another 124 on the road so I'm not sure how many of us there are on the Western Slope.
@depotdan, the other day I took 92 north out of Sapinero up to Hotchkiss, over to Orchard City and hit 65 north over the Grand Mesa and back to Grand Junction. What a spectacular day of driving. Tons of curves and great scenery.

· Registered
475 Posts
the wife and I are in for Wondervu. Just returned from a driving trip back to my 50th high school reunion in Mansfield, Ohio. We saw ONE spider the whole trip and that was a black Abarth in Mansfield owned by a lady who owns the City News and Cigar Shop. Saw her car parked in a nearby parking lot with license tags, CITYNWS. 3000+ miles drive to and from ....catch can was 3/4 quarters full.

· Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@68wooleyMaybe one day we can split the distance and do something around Vail.
Absolutely - lots of summer to go and I haven't explored the western side of the mountains anything like as much as the Front Range. Need to go do the Million Dollar Highway at some point...

· Registered
703 Posts
Major flight change for me that weekend, so I am out...and very sad about it!

· Registered
267 Posts
Just great, good weather, proximity and I’m out.

· Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Thanks for breakfast Steve. Learned three things today:

1. There really are other Spiders in Colorado
2. The car looks much better lowered.
3. The GWR exhaust sounds great.

Starting to think about dates and locations for a follow up.

Attachments

· Registered
2,090 Posts
@68wooley. Nice pictures. Colorado scenery is always so beautiful. Your meet and our March meet in SoCal had all Abarths. We need to get some Classicas and Lussos involved. We did have @zonker ‘s Classica at the April Abarth/Mini meet. His car is really set up nice. I’m sure you will have a crowd at your next meet. Following your lead I’m going to see if there is interest in another meet in SoCal.

Dan

· Registered
267 Posts
Looking forward to the next Colorado date/location.

· Registered
703 Posts
Yeah, let’s plan the next one! Really sorry I missed this one. Let’s shot high and get four of us there! ;)

· Registered
267 Posts
How about we start planning now. I’m pretty wide open for the summer. A place I like is Frisco, just north of Breckinridge. IanA lives in Breck and knows the town. Sounds like I’m already volunteering him, but at least we have a local there.

I’ve stayed at the Hotel Frisco before and after the renovation, it is downtown on their Main Street. Upside is that Frisco bans street parking on that street 2am-6am so no cars are there first thing in the morning. Bet we could block a few spots to accommodate us at 6am and enjoy the day there. For those unfamiliar, Frisco is a fantastic town with a vibrant area, lots of shops, German inspired Hofbraü haus across the street, and other fine restaurants.

I would come the night before and stay at the Hotel Frisco.

Reactions: IanA

· Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
How about we start planning now. I’m pretty wide open for the summer. A place I like is Frisco, just north of Breckinridge. IanA lives in Breck and knows the town. Sounds like I’m already volunteering him, but at least we have a local there.

I’ve stayed at the Hotel Frisco before and after the renovation, it is downtown on their Main Street. Upside is that Frisco bans street parking on that street 2am-6am so no cars are there first thing in the morning. Bet we could block a few spots to accommodate us at 6am and enjoy the day there. For those unfamiliar, Frisco is a fantastic town with a vibrant area, lots of shops, German inspired Hofbraü haus across the street, and other fine restaurants.

I would come the night before and stay at the Hotel Frisco.
I'm in, although I'm probably tight for available weekends through the end of July. August looks wide open right now though.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.