Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hey I was just looking at cargurus.com to see what colors where still out there and came across this pic of the infotainment system with a compass. I thought we didn't have a compass. I'm confused.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
You get the compass in the 7" screen before you install the SD card for your navigation.

My card took a few weeks to arrive after I got car.

·
Super Moderator
949 Posts
The compass popped up today for the first time after nine months. I haven't ever bothered with it since I didn't have the nav option. The display advised me to consult with my "studio" to have it installed. The compass followed my course changes as I went home. I'm not really interested in getting the navigation system.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use the Sun

The compass popped up today for the first time after nine months. I haven't ever bothered with it since I didn't have the nav option. The display advised me to consult with my "studio" to have it installed. The compass followed my course changes as I went home. I'm not really interested in getting the navigation system.
Best regards
Pete
For navigation..LOL:laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, yeah, but what's the point in having to do that?- weird oversite. Ameridan's tweaks have a speedometer that includes a compass but it doesn't properly track unfortunately. It would be better if the built in compass could be easily selected.

Dunno, but doesn't make sense for non nav cars to have it and nav cars don't
But the nav cars do have it, just pop your nav card out, and it will come up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, yeah, but what's the point in having to do that?- weird oversite. Ameridan's tweaks have a speedometer that includes a compass but it doesn't properly track unfortunately. It would be better if the built in compass could be easily selected.
Got to agree. What is the point of having to take the sd car OUT just to use the compass? I have configured the Fiat AIO from ameridan but havent installed it yet cuz of the issues people report with the compass thingy. Anyone have luck getting it to work properly?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Got to agree. What is the point of having to take the sd car OUT just to use the compass? I have configured the Fiat AIO from ameridan but havent installed it yet cuz of the issues people report with the compass thingy. Anyone have luck getting it to work properly?
Just as an FYI - all the other recommended tweaks from Ameridan work wonderfully so don't hesitate to install. The compass (as part of that speedometer) installs as an application (you go to the applications on the home menu) and the speedometer itself works just fine. It's just the little rotating compass that sticks, along with altitude information. I'm assuming that is because it communicates with the gps when you start the car and then not afterwards. But, honestly - I use that app rarely. Being able to use the touchscreen at any time, plus some of the other tweaks - are really how the car should come to begin with. Just follow his instructions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Should I maybe just not install the compass part then? But that is why I wanted to do some of those tweaks. I hate that the nav screen doesnt have a N indicator like EVERY nav I have ever seen...grrrr I don't like using the North option on the nav screen. I like the direction arrow always pointing up no matter what direction I am headed. I dunno. Maybe I need to get used to using it the other way.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Id just use the nav in 3d mode..That way you always have a representation of the road in front of you. You can always hit the information icon to see your compass heading if you need it. I installed the speedometer app with the other tweaks. It's not like it gets in the way. And it does provide some other information like time spent idling and driving. And the speedometer and tach are active on it.

Should I maybe just not install the compass part then? But that is why I wanted to do some of those tweaks. I hate that the nav screen doesnt have a N indicator like EVERY nav I have ever seen...grrrr I don't like using the North option on the nav screen. I like the direction arrow always pointing up no matter what direction I am headed. I dunno. Maybe I need to get used to using it the other way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts