Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Complete aftermarket exhaust?.

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  CDNA 
#1 ·
If I do not tune my 124, how much HP can I expect from a complete quad exhaust and v1 or v4 intake?. Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Pete believe's he is now psychic. He can attribute motive to people he has never even seen. Performance improvement must be a significant factor or measuring those gains would be a waste of money by the vendors.

#3 ·
Since the two in combination would not just be the total of the two individual add-ons, someone would have to dyno that exact combination to give you a definitive answer. Taking the vendors claims and adding them together may understate or overstate the hp gain. For example 10 hp each may add up to 24 or 16, rather than 20.

#5 · (Edited)
Full Quad System on dyno below. No tune, that's just bolt on exhaust system (stock intake, etc).

Turbo spools a lot earlier, the big gains are in TORQUE at the low end. Torque is what you actually feel pushing you back in the seat. Lowest Line is Best STOCK Pull. Middle Line is Best Pull with just highflow Muffler Upgrade. Highest Line is Best Pull Full Crosspipe, Midpipe, Muffler...Peak HP up 'only' about 15hp but notice total area under the torque curve is massively better, up over 30 Ft/lbs of torque through much of the middle rpm range, peak gains over 50 Ft/lbs at the low end thanks to faster spool for the turbo.

And the sound gets a ton of compliments...

#6 · (Edited)
15 hp for the Fiat's dynoed 146 hp is ~10%, which is congruent with the oft quoted figures of companies like Magnaflow...

http://www.magnaflow.eu/07techtips/faq/question22.asp

As Brian has pointed out overall there is a roughly ~18% increase in torque (aside from the anomaly at 2650 rpm), but it's not the question the OP asked. (though maybe what he meant perhaps?)

The outright dollar per hp ratio for both a freer flowing intake (the improvements from these are highly debatable) and exhaust (firmly established, and Brian's effort for the 124 sounds fantastic!) aren't nearly as good as say a tuning option.

John, I accounted for people like yourself who are delusional by putting "generally" in italics. :confused:

#7 ·
I know I am late to the show, but I has a
Complete Goodwin Racing Roadster Exhaust System installed A few months ago.
As I pulled away from the shop
I immediately smiled due to the very significant increase in power.
And now the car sounds really awesome.
I highly recommend someone in the market seriously consider a Good-Win Racing Exhaust System
HTH
CDNA
Ps his site recommends the Resonated Optioned System. I am glad I listened to his advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.