Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the package from Chemical Guys that had top cleaner, conditioner and a natural bristle brush. The brush left debris all over the top. It looked like a cat had rolled around on it and it was a PITA to get clean.
I considered getting a facial brush, which are gentle, but they are about an inch in diameter. I wound up buying a $2.95 nylon back brush at Walmart. I dislike them very much, but hardly contributed to their P&L with the purchase.
It works great, and the long handle is nice too.
Chemical Guys ought to be ashamed of themselves for selling such a shoddy item.
best regards
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
How do you apply the 303 Protectant?

I've heard a roller suggested or taping the windows and trim to protect them from the spray.

I've bought it, but haven't applied it yet.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I was at my local Menard's home improvement store this weekend and bought this Shop Vac brush accessory. Google "Shop-Vac-9018000-4-Inch-Bristle-Brush". It is very soft. (There is a stiffer version with black bristles.) About 4" long, fits the smaller size Shop Vac hoses (not the bigger 2+ inch dia. hoses). I haven't used it yet, but I'd think better cleaning is achieved when sucking away the dirt you are brushing, rather than just brushing across the relatively large fabric top surface to the edge of the top. You'll just need to keep the hose from rubbing on your car paint.

Steve.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts