Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
These have been popular on the mx-5 for years. For folks who avoid running AC with top down when it is hot out, the scoop brings more air into the cabin directed down into the foot wells increasing overall air curculation. It even helps at lower speeds.

It slides into the top of the windshield frame and attaches to inside trim with velcro tabs. Never had one fall off or blow out. They look kind of cool too! Highly recommended if you live somewhere where temps get into the 80s and 90s!

·
124 Spider Vendor
1,210 Posts
Description by pghgrhg is perfect.

We are in San Diego, tropical hot weather in the Summer here can bake us with top down without the extra cool air directed into our laps for the drive up the coast highway.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, I saved mine when I sold my 2010 NC PRHT. What I did notice though using it on the Fiat, was that the trough that the scoop slides into, was slightly wider. Fearing that it might not hold and blow off, I bought 6" of surgical tubing at my local Ace, cut it in two and slid it on each of the ends. It now fills the gap better and gives me some peace of mind.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smart

Yes, I saved mine when I sold my 2010 NC PRHT. What I did notice though using it on the Fiat, was that the trough that the scoop slides into, was slightly wider. Fearing that it might not hold and blow off, I bought 6" of surgical tubing at my local Ace, cut it in two and slid it on each of the ends. It now fills the gap better and gives me some peace of mind.
Thanks Steve. Smart innovation...Grandp Bill

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here but can anyone post a pic of this installed? Sounds like a great idea but from the above description I am having trouble envisioning how this actually mounts?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here but can anyone post a pic of this installed? Sounds like a great idea but from the above description I am having trouble envisioning how this actually mounts?
I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, but there is a horizontal roundish plastic bar under the scoop portion that slides into the gasket seal for the convertible top. Towards the tail end of the unit that directs the cool air down, there are two rotating attachment arms with feet pads that have velcro attached. Two round disk of velcro stick to the interface of the window frame that the arms are pushed onto. If you look at the scoop on Goodwin's site, you will get the idea.

·
Super Moderator
1,310 Posts
I had a Miata for 14 years and although the scoop has rave reviews never got around to buying it. And I never felt less than very breezy in the Miata. I think they are sort of superfluous.
regards
Pete

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, but there is a horizontal roundish plastic bar under the scoop portion that slides into the gasket seal for the convertible top. Towards the tail end of the unit that directs the cool air down, there are two rotating attachment arms with feet pads that have velcro attached. Two round disk of velcro stick to the interface of the window frame that the arms are pushed onto. If you look at the scoop on Goodwin's site, you will get the idea.
Alright that makes more sense now....looked at the photo on Goodwin's and just couldn't tell. Thanks for the heads up...I see this happening in the near future.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a video from youtube

Here is a video

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts