Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished our first road trip 500km up the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario. Overall great first trip car performed well passed slower cars with ease, got great fuel economy average on computer was 6.3l/100km. My biggest surprise was the trip home last night the temp was 13 degrees when we left and 8 degrees by halfway and we kept the top down all the way. The best setting was heater set to 3/4 and and fan set to 3/4 we wore just a solar fleece and had a comfortable drive, a few strange looks from others on the road but that was the best part. So overall very happy with the car just turned 1100km and thumbs up.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Just finished our first road trip 500km up the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario. Overall great first trip car performed well passed slower cars with ease, got great fuel economy average on computer was 6.3l/100km. My biggest surprise was the trip home last night the temp was 13 degrees when we left and 8 degrees by halfway and we kept the top down all the way. The best setting was heater set to 3/4 and and fan set to 3/4 we wore just a solar fleece and had a comfortable drive, a few strange looks from others on the road but that was the best part. So overall very happy with the car just turned 1100km and thumbs up.
I've had a few very early morning drives in the Rockies near Denver with temps in the low 40's (<10C), wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The heater and seat heaters are fierce and made it perfectly comfortable - in fact I prefer sunny but cold to blazing hot - it's one of the reasons I've no intention of putting the car away for the winter - too many great driving days to be had.

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A ski rack with skis, pulling into a Colorado ski resort would sure get some looks and it would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've had a few very early morning drives in the Rockies near Denver with temps in the low 40's (<10C), wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The heater and seat heaters are fierce and made it perfectly comfortable - in fact I prefer sunny but cold to blazing hot - it's one of the reasons I've no intention of putting the car away for the winter - too many great driving days to be had.
Also why I'm garaging my car for winter instead of taking to to FL for the one decent month of the year for convertibles in sunny humid SWFL.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the heated seats are well-heated. I put my phone in the console the other day and accidentally tapped the seat warmer. Holy Moly it's hot. I'm not looking forward to 30 and below but I'm no longer convinced I'll garage my Abarth until March.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts