Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at another convertible last night and it had a cover over the soft top to hide away the nooks (see photo) between the body panels and the soft top when it's lowered.

Looks unfinished, also probably lower wind noise and less chance of foreign objects falling in there.

VS with a cover (this is a Mazda) below:

Anyone know where to get one?

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
I had a boot cover on my Alfa Romeo spider and I have one for my NB Miata. between the two vehicles I can count the number of times I have used them without removing both hands from my pockets.... yes the boot looks nice, but they are a bit of a pain to install and remove. also if are driving around and happen to catch a random summer downpour you will be soaked while fumbling around pulling this off. a lot of the charm of the Miata platform is the ease of raising and lowering the top. if you need to get out and fumble with a boot for a few minutes the charm is lost. on the ND platform, the top when stowed shows the roof fabric, which leaves a bit more finished appearance than the NB, which showed the interior latches when the top was stowed. most of these boots had clips which scratched the rail finish or were made with plastic clips which were notoriously fragile. some of the boots required the installation of snaps which meant you were drilling into the rails, which led to corrosion. all in all, I have found these boots were more of an inconvenience than improvement........ just my $ 0.02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts