Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg I've had my Lusso since October 2016. Only has about 5k miles, driving in Los Angeles (so no cold weather issues), and just realized the front grill is cracked all along the base. It couldn't have been from it being hit (because it recedes about 2 inches from the bumper). Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone with this issue. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes , I concur....

Looks to me like someone with a trailer hitch backed into you, and I think an insurance adjuster would concur.
Ameridan, hit the nail on the head... trailer hitch hit... Having a Jeep Grand Cherokee, pulling my fishing boat when I lived in Louisiana, I've seen damage like that.

Should be covered by insurance..
Grandpa Bill
Austin, Tx :eek:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yikes. It's a good thing you didn't watch it happen. It might have elicited a scream or an act of aggression. I've become OCD about defensive parking. I find that parking parallel to a curb is the riskiest. It's so easy for big and sightless SUV's to back into you. It's my understanding that rear backup cameras will at some point become mandatory for all cars. Best of luck in your repair. A good shop should make it look perfect again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input everybody. Yeah Jim, it sucks because I am ridiculously fastidious when it comes to finding a parking spot where any 'ding' can be minimized.

The reason I thought it could be a design flaw was that there is zero impact point... not even a smudge on the grill, other than the crack itself. One theory I have is that I had it hand-washed last week. It's possible that while wiping down the bumper, maybe the washer braced his hand on the grill, and the pressure pushed it in. Either way, my poor Bianca is in terrible pain... like her owner!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yikes. It's a good thing you didn't watch it happen. It might have elicited a scream or an act of aggression. I've become OCD about defensive parking...
I parked Little Spidee as far out as I could in a parking lot this week, so I could grab some lunch. It was in the back corner of the lot. When I came back out, some jerk in a huge SUV had parked in the spot 90 degrees to mine, on the other side, and had done a pretty decent job of blocking me in. It took some careful maneuvering to back her out without hitting the back of the SUV. I wouldn't be surprised if the a$$ had done it on purpose. It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate and downright jerky people can be. :mad:

·
Registered
150 Posts
It was in the back corner of the lot. When I came back out, some jerk in a huge SUV had parked in the spot 90 degrees to mine, on the other side, and had done a pretty decent job of blocking me in.
I have some nice little cards made up (from my computer) that I put on a windshield when that happens to me. Nice photo of a chimpanzee in a barbie car and a comment on learning how to park like an adult instead of a 3 year old. Made 50 several years ago and still have about 40 left. >:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts