Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was getting in today and did something I have managed to avoid for over a month. I scraped the steering wheel with the clip of my Benchmade Infidel! Arrrgggggg! :mad::mad::mad: its very minor but got me thinking. Would it be possible (i know its a mazda wheel) to replace the wheel in my Abarth with a 500 Abarth wheel? It would correctly fix the badging issue while also getting a nice flat bottom wheel. Anyone looked into it? I assume some sort of adapter would be necessary.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I feel your pain. Thru a freak accident i cut the leather on my NC miata and it drove me crazy until i ended up replacing the steering wheel.
As for your suggestion, I doubt that the 500 wheel would work. The spider wheel is all mazda wiring and connectors for the steering wheel controls and airbag. so even if you could get the 500 wheel to fit with or without an adapter, you would probably lose the airbag, which would probably trigger warning lights etc.
The solution that i went for with my previous miata and am considering as an upgrade for my Fiat is

http://www.motor-o-polis.com/

They make custom wheels for the miata and Fiat. They aren't cheap and they take a while to get because each one is custom made with your options for thickness, colors, shape, and material. But I really loved the wheel they made for my NC miata and all the connectors work, ensuring your airbag and steering wheel controls stay 100% functional.

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain. Thru a freak accident i cut the leather on my NC miata and it drove me crazy until i ended up replacing the steering wheel.
As for your suggestion, I doubt that the 500 wheel would work. The spider wheel is all mazda wiring and connectors for the steering wheel controls and airbag. so even if you could get the 500 wheel to fit with or without an adapter, you would probably lose the airbag, which would probably trigger warning lights etc.
The solution that i went for with my previous miata and am considering as an upgrade for my Fiat is

http://www.motor-o-polis.com/

They make custom wheels for the miata and Fiat. They aren't cheap and they take a while to get because each one is custom made with your options for thickness, colors, shape, and material. But I really loved the wheel they made for my NC miata and all the connectors work, ensuring your airbag and steering wheel controls stay 100% functional.
Very cool, Thank you sir. The damage was very minor, but knowing me I will forget and do worse damage at some point, Heck I may do it just because those wheels look awesome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts