Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reviewed all the discussions and I didn’t see it mentioned. Anyone experiencing a creaking from the plastic housing vibrating on their infotainment screen?

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Reviewed all the discussions and I didn’t see it mentioned. Anyone experiencing a creaking from the plastic housing vibrating on their infotainment screen?
Nope. Then again, I don't drive on roads rough enough to generate any significant vibration. I'm not getting any creaking noises while driving, or even when parked and using the screen to enter info (like for a new nav location, etc.).

Is your car new or purchased second hand? It almost sounds like it might have taken an impact at some point in time and loosened it up. Was the windshield ever replaced? It might have been damaged in that process. That's honestly the only reason I can think of for it make any noise. It's pretty firmly attached to the dash.

Maybe some of the folks who have replaced the head unit to enable Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can speak about what htey've experienced, and if they have any suggestions on how to eliminate any movement or squeaking noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts