Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several issues about not lowering due to curb scraping. I would have the same issue, barely make it now. This ramp is used buy a few sports car owners in my area. They work and fit really well. I am going to buy it so I can lower. Thought I would share since I have not seen it posted on this forum.

http://www.bridjit.com

Reactions: hefbadr and SteveWy

·
Registered
845 Posts
I used one several years ago for my C5 Vette, since sold. They work fine and are heavy duty, as well as physically heavy. Bit pricey, and shipping is commensurate with weight.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used one several years ago for my C5 Vette, since sold. They work fine and are heavy duty, as well as physically heavy. Bit pricey, and shipping is commensurate with weight.
Free Shipping. Though obviously just built into the price. Yes, one neighbor uses it for his Vette. I guess the good thing about the weight is it is not going to blow around or be easy to steal. Bad, yeah moving it will not be fun, I did lift one and it is a lot of rubber.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
From their website-

"BRIDJIT Is Neighborhood Friendly Ramps have a full length waterway to allow for storm drainage, and sloped ends ease vehicles up and over the ramp when parallel parking. BRIDJIT is easily flipped out of the way for periodic cleaning. BRIDJIT is not impacted by street sweepers."

Sweepers, maybe. How 'bout tandem axle dump trucks, with a full box of sand/salt, along with massive snowplows attached to them, hitting these things at posted speed limits? Something is gonna come away damaged, and if it's the plow, you'll get the bill for repairs.

Many road departments will work with property owners to allow them to have a paving contractor remove and rebuild the curb/gutter at one's driveway entrance. Property owner gets to pay for that work, though.

Probably a great product outside the snowbelt.

Steve.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or, find a way to make it work. Drag it along side your house during the winter, place it next to the car in the garage, etc.

Personally our snow removal is terrible, they make one pass down the middle of the street and we are left dealing with the rest. So no an issue. Plus we have three car garage but have four cars, so one is parked in front of were the ramp any so now way to get near it if a curtious snow plow drive miraculously appears

Even without lowering I want one. I have to be very careful now, would be nice just to pull in and out.

I fact if I love it I might just extend it for all the cars by buying more middle sections. Still cheaper than custom concrete work around here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts