Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

Custom Leather seats installed

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Fiatbreath 
#1 ·
I decided against buying the Lusso except that I wanted the Tech package and leather, Well I added the tech package (it was already in the Classica.) and installed custom leather upholstery. I dyed the white stitching on the emergency brake and shifter boots,

I did not like the "hammock seats/" so I had the installer add memory foam padding on the seat and seat back. Also had the perforations on the head rests because of the speakers. The cloth was absorbing the sound. They sound louder now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great!
How do you like the feeling with the memory foam added?
I have the stock leather Abarth (non recaro) seatsI am less than thrilled with the feeling of the "hammock" seats and would like to add something to improve the support and comfort of the seat.

#8 ·
I never asked but the guy who did the work was aware of them.

Fantastic, if you don't mind me asking, what was the total cost?. I am thinking of the exact same color pattern. Thx
The pattern came from the removal of the cloth seat panels. He installed the same pattern as the stock seats with the french stitch down the middle
I paid $1000 for the seat reupholstery and that included cleaning my left wheel wells after running through caulk on the road, Well worth it to me. I now have $28K in the car. I am glad Fiat included the Tech package as an option on the Classica.

#7 ·
Well done!
I'm going to have to do something, the stock Abarth seats are killing my lower back

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.