Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to start a guide for those that are planning to or already custom ordered a 124, so we can have an idea how long each trim may take from time of deposit until delivery.

For those that have already order and/or received their car, please post your details. Just copy/paste.

Here’s mine:

Trim: Abarth AT
Deposit date: November 21, 2017
Expected Delivery: Fall 2018
Received: N/A

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I just surfed the web looking for the model/options I wanted. Once I found it. I contacted the dealership (San Diego) negotiated the price. Paid. Had the shipper pick up Wendi and put her on a boat to Hawaii. all in all just about 30 days.

Aloha!

PS you can see my options in my garage.

Reactions: littlejuanito

·
Registered
745 Posts
I've not yet put deposit down, but was told by dealer in Northern NJ that:

- If I put down a deposit now now, car would be delivered in April/May. He said it all depends when you catch the order cycle. We did not get into details.
- Car we were discussing was Silver 2018, MT, Either Red or Recaro, with all packages other than Navigation, Heritage Stripe and Brembos.
- It could come in sooner if it is already part of his allocation, but was told to not count on that if I was looking for something very specific.

The 2017 vs 2018 Car prices are the same, the package's are slightly differant (4 Smaller Packages vs 2). This is good news for buyers.

I was looking for White or Silver 2017 to take advantage of the 2017 incentives, but was told that unless I was willing to pay $650 shipping from Florida, finding 2017 Manual in non-dark color with Luxerary Package and Red Interior or Recaro was going to be a challenge. He suggested it would be better to just order a 2018. He told me the dealer discount would be the same (I'll believe it when I see it in writing) but the incentive difference could be substantial as they were offering $2,500 incentives to clear out the 2017's. They could lock in all the pricing except for the incentives and you would only get the incentives you qualify for at the time of delivery. With interest/sales expected to pick up in the spring, it is doubtful incentives would be as aggressive, they said maybe $500-1000, but that is jut a guess.

·
Registered
660 Posts
2017 Abarth 124
Manual Transmission
Pearl White, Red/Black Seats, Lux Package.

Ordered October 12, 2016
Delivered July 14, 2017
10 Months, 2 Days.

Fiat of Portland, Portland Maine.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I just surfed the web looking for the model/options I wanted. Once I found it. I contacted the dealership (San Diego) negotiated the price. Paid. Had the shipper pick up Wendi and put her on a boat to Hawaii. all in all just about 30 days.

Aloha!

PS you can see my options in my garage.

I told my dealer what I wanted, and he found it coming off the ship in Fla. Got it exactly like I wanted in just over two weeks

·
Banned
50 Posts
Went by dealership 3-4 days ago, asked about ordering Abarth MT with red/black seats. Estimated wait time is 6-8 months and 25-30% down. BS, not putting that much down to order. Honestly, I think they were really trying to sell me one I loved in showroom before New Years. Now that New Years is here, I’m going to Mazda this week and back to Fiat to sit and talk concrete details. Report back afterwards, I have time off this week to kill.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Went by dealership 3-4 days ago, asked about ordering Abarth MT with red/black seats. Estimated wait time is 6-8 months and 25-30% down. BS, not putting that much down to order. Honestly, I think they were really trying to sell me one I loved in showroom before New Years. Now that New Years is here, I’m going to Mazda this week and back to Fiat to sit and talk concrete details. Report back afterwards, I have time off this week to kill.
It looks like they wanted to sell you one of the cars they had on the lot instead of ordering you one.

I only had to put down $1000.00 when I ordered mine. It took 10 months to get the car.

I would find another dealer.

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
Trim: 2018 Red Abarth AT, Brembos, Recarros, Bose/Satnav/Sirius
Ordered: Nov 9 2017
Order "picked up" by the factory: Nov 23 2017
Deposit date: None taken yet
Expected Delivery: 11 months +/-
Received: N/A
Correction to this. After asking for an update, on 17 Feb 2018, dealer told me "I tried to order it today (as I have done every day) and a critical message came up that the vehicle would not be processed for order for 11 months. I have no idea what's going on, I am sorry!"

So, 3 months after the order was supposedly picked up, I'm told it'll be 11 months before the order will even be processed, god knows how long for delivery after that. Sorry, but that's completely ridiculous...what year would the car even be? And there are already 2018s showing up on the lots around here.

Cancelled the order, bough a car locally, signed the deal Friday, pick it up on Monday. 2017 Red Abarth AT, Brembos, Recarros. I didn't care much for the Sirius (it was just in the bundle), For satnav I can use my Phone or Garmin, and I'm planning a custom 5 channel stereo system with DSP and active crossovers.

So much happier now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts