Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is Italian so when we purchased the car she wanted custom plates - she choose CIAO2UTI - hello everyone

What crazy plates does anyone run?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife is Italian so when we purchased the car she wanted custom plates - she choose CIAO2UTI - hello everyone

What crazy plates does anyone run?
I'm in Burlington haven't seen any spiders on the road yet. Love Ridge Road from Centenial to Niagara. Have fun see you out there

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not crazy, but I just ordered some that say "RICS-TOY" because that's what it is.

Reactions: Morty

·
Registered
350 Posts
Haven't received mine yet, I applied for Wisconsin USAF military vet plates with three choices, I chose CIAO C1AO C1A0, hopefully one of them will work. So in WI we have both front and rear plates, so I'll be saying hello when I approach and goodbye when I leave, LOL

Reactions: hefbadr

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here in NC you can got to the DMV website, and plug in the special plates you are looking for, and find out right away if they are available. They actually give you a graphic of a blank plate and you plug in your request and see right away what it would look like if available. A fun activity.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I checked the NH DMV website right after I got the car... ABARTH was available, but I decided to get a regular plate because the car already says Abarth all over it. I also didn't want to wait for the plates... Having a paper plate screams "look at my fancy brand new car! Come and key me!

The plates I did get from the state starts with 420! (a nickname for marijuana here in the states)

I have the strangest luck... My Fiat 500's regular plates start with 666... Bad karma! I thought about turning it down, but I didn't want to look like a superstitious fool.

If you don't know me and see both of my cars... You might think that I am a dope smoking devil worshiper! (for the record, I am neither!)

Reactions: jopo

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
446 Posts
In CA you can test prospective plate names on the DMV web site in real time. I have a riff on the name Prosecco of course.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My plates are "SKRPEON". No explanation needed. Cheers

Reactions: Seagas

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Ordered mine about 2 months ago. Should be getting them soon. You can go online for Hawaii plates and see what's available. That makes it nice...Only humbug part is the limit to 6 letters/numbers.

I went with SVELTO

Aloha ! !! !!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I checked the NH DMV website right after I got the car... ABARTH was available, but I decided to get a regular plate because the car already says Abarth all over it. I also didn't want to wait for the plates... Having a paper plate screams "look at my fancy brand new car! Come and key me!

The plates I did get from the state starts with 420! (a nickname for marijuana here in the states)

I have the strangest luck... My Fiat 500's regular plates start with 666... Bad karma! I thought about turning it down, but I didn't want to look like a superstitious fool.

If you don't know me and see both of my cars... You might think that I am a dope smoking devil worshiper! (for the record, I am neither!)
Actually Steve you are partially right about 420. It actually refers to April 20th...a date when stoners unite to defy the law and smoke in the open...as if that is important to anyone....who cares?

·
Registered
850 Posts
And thinking back , I believe it was proposition 420 in California decades ago, and the number was then adopted to reflect a date. See what useless information you can sometimes get on the forum? Luckily 99% of the info. here is useful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Burlington haven't seen any spiders on the road yet. Love Ridge Road from Centenial to Niagara. Have fun see you out there
Hey Morty

We might attend the Ontario Fiat Club NIAGARA WINE TOUR AND DRIVE next Sunday (if the weather co-operates) back roads to Niagara on the lake

Sean

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
SPIDER was taken, so I got SP1DER here in CO. Should arrive in a couple of weeks. Until then, my car will continue to hONK

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am keeping the stock plates for now while I am in Oklahoma, but when I move back to Houston next year I'm strongly considering getting "F1ATA" if someone else hasn't done it by then. I know as of a few weeks ago it was available.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My plates say 'GATSBY' as in reference to The Great Gatsby (Novel). As much as I want to add the red trim and the heritage stripe to my grey Abarth, I also wish it was a nice shade of yellow to match the plates more.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts