Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus, today was not a good day

I got some LED turn signal lights and was switching the stock halogen bulbs out .

Finish install throw away the bulb....then went on for a drive discovered that it has hyperflash but no error code...

so I'l need a resister, which is annoying.

Wanted to put it back to OEM halogen bulbs but cannot find any.

Even walmart is selling LED ones.

Especially needs to find a amber colored halogen bulb.

ahhhh

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have been really interested in how difficult it is to reach the Fiat 124 headlight assembly.

Maybe this will make you feel better. I have a Mercedes GLK that takes on average 45 minutes each side to replace the low beam bulbs. This is due to the minimal space and a tricky clip that is prone to fall because you can't see what your hand is doing beneath you. If you want more space for large hands, you take out the front wheels and remove the wheel well cover to reach the assembly from that area. You could probably drive to all the auto stores, find and pay for a match and make it back home before I'm fully done replacing them both.

How bad was the 124 procedure?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have been really interested in how difficult it is to reach the Fiat 124 headlight assembly.

Maybe this will make you feel better. I have a Mercedes GLK that takes on average 45 minutes each side to replace the low beam bulbs. This is due to the minimal space and a tricky clip that is prone to fall because you can't see what your hand is doing beneath you. If you want more space for large hands, you take out the front wheels and remove the wheel well cover to reach the assembly from that area. You could probably drive to all the auto stores, find and pay for a match and make it back home before I'm fully done replacing them both.

How bad was the 124 procedure?
The fog light and turn light was extremely easy to reach. The rest I am not so sure.

Basically just pull back the 5 plastic rivets with a flat head screwdriver, then turn your wheels to the other side for better access.

Easy reach for the bulbs and switch them out.

Both side together will take 10 min max.

Now I am on the hunt for 7440 Halogen Amber Bulb..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, as you have found, you need resistors. And yes, you need one for each corner. I've done the rears, and will be doing the fronts this coming winter. I don't have a circuit diagram, so don't know where the flasher unit is (or if there is one!) which might be a cleaner changeout (there are lots of flashers that can handle LEDs).

I'm not sure why you need a 'halogen' amber bulb, though: just a regular amber bulb from any auto parts store should work.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, as you have found, you need resistors. And yes, you need one for each corner. I've done the rears, and will be doing the fronts this coming winter. I don't have a circuit diagram, so don't know where the flasher unit is (or if there is one!) which might be a cleaner changeout (there are lots of flashers that can handle LEDs).

I'm not sure why you need a 'halogen' amber bulb, though: just a regular amber bulb from any auto parts store should work.
Unfortualty I asked around all the auto part shop ..all of them carries White ones but nobody carries Amber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts