Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what scale Fiat uses for boost? On my logs the boost at idle is 29.6 inHG, which doesn't make a lot of a sense since that is 14 psi - in Torque I can see that it's actually -22.5inHG, which makes way more sense.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
2,007 Posts
Your logs are showing absolute manifold pressure. You can log both but the app is just sliding the scale up 14PSI to reference that as 0 boost, and showing the lower as vacuum. This also presents another problem in that the OBD port only uses an 8 bit register for all data so the max value for anything is FF or 256 steps. For boost this caps the max reading at ~22.4PSI even if you have an analog gauge tapped into the boost line that shows more actual boost in the tune.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Your logs are showing absolute manifold pressure. You can log both but the app is just sliding the scale up 14PSI to reference that as 0 boost, and showing the lower as vacuum. This also presents another problem in that the OBD port only uses an 8 bit register for all data so the max value for anything is FF or 256 steps. For boost this caps the max reading at ~22.4PSI even if you have an analog gauge tapped into the boost line that shows more actual boost in the tune.
I was hoping if you can recommend a fast polling logging tool and software, I’m using OBD Fusion which has fast polling feature but I do need a OBD2 scanner that is up to par that has a fast polling feature. I am currently using kiwi 2
The data refresh rate is too low, it’s like 1.1-1.5s every data pull. I normally have to do multiple runs for some accurate data.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts