Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the trunk of the used Abarth, I found this, (see pic below). Very cool, thought I, might as well put it in.

Anyone put one in? The word free instruction sheet is far from clear, at least to my old brain.
Can anyone give me some clarity, or a link to better instructions?
Seems to be some drilling involved, so I want to be right.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Yes, there are a couple of holes you need to drill. What you basically end up doing is lift the floor covering up (which is why you also need to remove the trim from the left side of the footwell). Once you've done that, you line up and mark the hole locations through the metal plate to the existing floor liner. Then drill the holes through the liner. The black part goes behind the liner and the metal plate attaches above the liner by setting the screws thorugh to the back plate. Then drop it in place in the floor and put your side trim back in place. I found it felt a bit raised and loose for a short while, but once it warmed up and with my left foot being on top of it, it eventually settled into place nicely. The 500 Abarth came with the dead pedal installed from the factory, so you got a bonus and didn't have to pay a hundred bucks to MOPAR to get yours. Nice find!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, CD! That was much more clear than the picture instructions included.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Thank you, CD! That was much more clear than the picture instructions included.
You're welcome. I think they hired retired IKEA instruction illustrators for their install documents. lol The only thing missing is a lot of particle board and the plastic bag with the allen key/screwdriver tool thing... :)

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts