Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February I know, but the forecast calls for sun and 50-60 degrees starting this weekend for a week. So, the Spider comes out from under its cover and the garage to be washed and driven up and down I-95 for a unexpected week of fun-filled driving. I realize I may have cursed this good weather and opportunity, but not being in the west or southeast, I’m itching to drive the Spider with its updated Eurocompulsion V1 Air Intake hose, Go Fast Bits DV+ diverter value and Good-win’s quad muffler replacement (waiting on A/T crosspipe & midpipe).

As I shared before, this forum is terrific and it’s members phenomenal.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm planning on making a run through the Tail of the Dragon on Friday, since it's only about an hour or so from where I live. I've had the itch for a couple weeks and it looks like the best bet for sunshine and warm enough to drop the top. Still going to have to wear a coat, but I need me some driving.

Make hay (and skid marks) while the sun shines!

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm planning on making a run through the Tail of the Dragon on Friday, since it's only about an hour or so from where I live. I've had the itch for a couple weeks and it looks like the best bet for sunshine and warm enough to drop the top. Still going to have to wear a coat, but I need me some driving.

Make hay (and skid marks) while the sun shines!
Lucky you! I am so looking forward to when i can make a run down there to try it out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Have a wonderfully time with it! That is why I had my out last weekend knowing we would have warm weather early in the week. Not sure I would have driven it this coming week if I still had it because I wouldn't want to have driven through the road salt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
RJ: Very tempting to do drive now, but snow & ice are not the only gremlins. Chuck holes and metal-mites are the northeasts secret weapon against recreational drives. I am waiting till Mem-Day for my first drive; metal mites are washed away by then, but I still have to scout routes for those nasty chuck holes.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Lucky you! I am so looking forward to when i can make a run down there to try it out.
Just got home from a terrific day!

Almost no traffic at all in either direction. The road was all mine to do with as I liked. :D It was a balmy 58° in Robbinsville, but dropped into the mid 40s on the Cherohala. Top down all the way, though. Heated seats are an amazing blessing.

Now I'm looking for another break in the weather on a day I can get away and do it again!

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
We hit 75 in Albuquerque today. The forecast for tomorrow is 70, then back to the mid 40s. It's been great golfing weather all week, but especially today. I will need to take her for a drive tomorrow, before the top has to go back up.

Reactions: HigherPeaks
1 - 7 of 7 Posts