Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like X5 did much better in the states than in Canada. Actually they did much better in 2016 than other years
Spider
US 250 cars
Canada 20

X5
US 733
Can 13

Well here in Canada with this cold and lots of snow this year, Spider doing better than X5, So far I haven't seen any publicity of the Spider. Also they're giving a $3500 can rebate this month vs November $3000. and sold more in November than December. Looks like Xmas has priority over sports cars. LOL

·
Registered
243 Posts
Isn't the X5 an SUV? That segment is booming in the States so that's probably why they sold a lot more there. Amazed that it did so poorly in Canada compared to a drop top.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Unless OP meant to say MX5 (what we call the Miata outside the US)? Otherwise it's an odd comparison?

Reactions: MotoPete

·
Registered
958 Posts
Unless OP meant to say MX5 (what we call the Miata outside the US)? Otherwise it's an odd comparison?
Just for clarification, it is called a Miata here in the U.S. as well.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't the X5 an SUV? That segment is booming in the States so that's probably why they sold a lot more there. Amazed that it did so poorly in Canada compared to a drop top.
Sorry this X5 did get to my head, cause last week I had a head on coalition with an 2015 X5 and it got Scrapped, mine a 2011 Nissan Murano less damages, passanger and side air bags popped so along with front side a little back damages well it might be scrapped also due to its a 2011 and the repairs may exceed the value of the car.
I did not know that airbags are inserted inside the seats, so those leather seats are expensive to replace front passenger around $5k can. is this possible.

No one injured.

Anyway I mean the Miata MX5.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sorry this X5 did get to my head, cause last week I had a head on coalition with an 2015 X5 and it got Scrapped, mine a 2011 Nissan Murano less damages, passanger and side air bags popped so along with front side a little back damages well it might be scrapped also due to its a 2011 and the repairs may exceed the value of the car.
I did not know that airbags are inserted inside the seats, so those leather seats are expensive to replace front passenger around $5k can. is this possible.

No one injured.

Anyway I mean the Miata MX5.
Glad everyone is OK, at the end of the day that's all that matters. Whilst it's certainly an inconvenience, cars can be replaced, that's what insurance is for! :)

To answer your question though, yes many cars have airbags installed in the seat sides these days.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Airbags are hideously expensive to replace. A friend of mine had an Audi RS5 that was written off. $45k of the estimated $65k repair bill was replacing airbags and airbag related damage!

With respect to 124 v MX5 sales, I think that the 124 will have put a bit of a dent in MX5 sales but either way Mazda wins. I think that the just released MX5 RF will put a kicker back in MX5 sales.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think any sales of rodsters in the winter are a god send to any dealer. These things won't have any real numbers till spring. Then, and only then do sales numbers make sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts