Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denver area folks FYI:

I originally bought my car from Mike Ward in Highlands Ranch. About a year ago, the day before my car was due in for warranty work on the AC, they told me they were no longer selling or servicing Fiat. Not a huge surprise as they specialize in high-end brands (McLaren, Masseratti, Lambo - Alfa is now their 'cheap' brand). That left two Fiat dealers in the metro area - Larry Miller in Aurora and Autonation in Northglenn. Well, I just got back from Larry Miller, where my car was once again booked in for another attempt at fixing the aforementioned AC problem and also take a look at the wonky BSM issue. After getting signed in, the technician asked "so, just an oil change today Mr Robinson?". Err no. Where on the paperwork did it state that? After clearing that up, another gentleman entered the service reception and - very politely - asked what the Spider was in for, then on hearing the details announced - apologetically - that they were not certified to do warranty work on Spiders - despite having done so in the past.

So from three dealerships in the metro area two years ago - we appear to be down to one able to do warranty work on our cars - and I've still call Autonation and confirm that. The Larry Miller folks were very nice and genuinely interested in my car - most of the techs took a good look at it as if they'd never seen one before, which may very well be the case. However it would have been nice if they'd called to tell me they couldn't do warranty work before I drove out there. Autonation is on the exact opposite side of Denver from me so not thrilled at having to get over there.

Never had a car before where I was actually looking forward to it being out of warranty so I can stop feeling obliged to take it to a dealer for this stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Denver area folks FYI:

I originally bought my car from Mike Ward in Highlands Ranch. About a year ago, the day before my car was due in for warranty work on the AC, they told me they were no longer selling or servicing Fiat. Not a huge surprise as they specialize in high-end brands (McLaren, Masseratti, Lambo - Alfa is now their 'cheap' brand). That left two Fiat dealers in the metro area - Larry Miller in Aurora and Autonation in Northglenn. Well, I just got back from Larry Miller, where my car was once again booked in for another attempt at fixing the aforementioned AC problem and also take a look at the wonky BSM issue. After getting signed in, the technician asked "so, just an oil change today Mr Robinson?". Err no. Where on the paperwork did it state that? After clearing that up, another gentleman entered the service reception and - very politely - asked what the Spider was in for, then on hearing the details announced - apologetically - that they were not certified to do warranty work on Spiders - despite having done so in the past.

So from three dealerships in the metro area two years ago - we appear to be down to one able to do warranty work on our cars - and I've still call Autonation and confirm that. The Larry Miller folks were very nice and genuinely interested in my car - most of the techs took a good look at it as if they'd never seen one before, which may very well be the case. However it would have been nice if they'd called to tell me they couldn't do warranty work before I drove out there. Autonation is on the exact opposite side of Denver from me so not thrilled at having to get over there.

Never had a car before where I was actually looking forward to it being out of warranty so I can stop feeling obliged to take it to a dealer for this stuff.
Hello 68wooley,
We are sorry to hear about your experiences. If you need any additional assistance while working alongside your dealer we are available through private message.
Laura
FiatCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also facing the same situation. The car has about 4600 miles on is and giving an error code of P0303. I would also like to hear from FiatCares to understand my options on warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I am also facing the same situation. The car has about 4600 miles on is and giving an error code of P0303. I would also like to hear from FiatCares to understand my options on warranty.

Thanks
First thing I'd do is swap your coil packs around and see if the code changes to show a misfire in a different cylinder. If so, just replace the coil pack. If not, swap the spark plugs around and check again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow. Interesting news Graeme. I hope it’s not the case and what’s really weird, I literally got an letter from Larry Miller last week with some winter oil change coupons that actually had my car VIN and model (124 Spider) printed out offering Fiat services. Makes me wonder with the timing of the discontinuation of the Spider down the road. Very abrupt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts