Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, fellow Spiders, yesterday was my last drive for 2019 and now she's will be resting till next spring.
Next couple of days, I will inflate her lungs to 50psi and rotate them.
I will cover her with a warm Cover which has her family crest(ABARTH) but once a month I will start her so she doesn have LOW OIL PRESSURE.
I will connect her with a Battery minder, so she doesn't go into coma.

5 and 1/2 months are very long, so to shorten it, I think I deserve a 2 month vacation down south this way when I get back in mid March, well DEPRESSION will finally be fading out.

Mind you the other boring thing is most of the mods are done. OH ya, the Air filter needs to be cleaned. big deal. 馃槅

Count down has begun.

Registered
Sorry Frank.

Registered
i feel your pain dude. i have had the same for many year with my mustangs. i use that time to give the car a massive clean up.underneath with a toothbrush and some spray oil.
the time goes quickly imho. soon be april and as that gets closer it feels real good aye?
i'll have spider end of this month and will be in the same possition

Registered
Sorry Frank, it sucks to put her away for months.

Registered
I鈥檒l be putting my baby to bed soon, it鈥檚 34*f outside as I finish my 1st cup of coffee. The weather guessers are calling for snow flurries today but bright sunshine tomorrow, going to be a long 4 or 5 months, come on global warming.

Registered
I won't put her away but today has been the first morning where it was too cold to drop the top, 37F. I put my jacket with a hoodie on then realized I would look like a moron down the street with the top down... Will drop it during my lunch break tho.

Registered
I drive with the top down all the time with a wooly hat, windows up, heat blasting, and seat heaters on. I just don't let my car touch salt. Thankfully, after yesterday's snow, they did not salt, so I'm good to keep driving it another week or two.

Registered
I won't put her away but today has been the first morning where it was too cold to drop the top, 37F. I put my jacket with a hoodie on then realized I would look like a moron down the street with the top down... Will drop it during my lunch break tho.
I put mine down in 37掳 weather.

Registered
I had top down yesterday perhaps for the last time. It鈥檚 a sad feeling, I know. Kinda like winning a big lottery for millions but too old to spend it. Lol

Registered
Mine is parked for the winter since last week-end in brother-in-law's condo basement. Didn't unplugged the battery and will come back once a month to start her up. If the battery drain all is juice I'll bring a battery charger.

Registered
In all sincerity...sorry guys/gals.

aloha mike

Registered
I put mine down in 37掳 weather.
I put the top down during lunch at 38F fully expecting to curse at you but it wasn't bad at all, no hat and a small jacket, even had to turn down the seat heaters, they were too warm.
I turned the heater on as soon as I turned on the car and had to wait a loooong time for the engine to fully warm up. I understand how a cabin heater works off the engine's heat but damn, this lil' engine takes a while to warm up!

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
I put mine inside the Garage top up and moral down.:oops:

Registered
C
Yup, fellow Spiders, yesterday was my last drive for 2019 and now she's will be resting till next spring.
Next couple of days, I will inflate her lungs to 50psi and rotate them.
I will cover her with a warm Cover which has her family crest(ABARTH) but once a month I will start her so she doesn have LOW OIL PRESSURE.
I will connect her with a Battery minder, so she doesn't go into coma.

5 and 1/2 months are very long, so to shorten it, I think I deserve a 2 month vacation down south this way when I get back in mid March, well DEPRESSION will finally be fading out.

Mind you the other boring thing is most of the mods are done. OH ya, the Air filter needs to be cleaned. big deal. 馃槅

Count down has begun.
Frank....fear not. You are increasing the value of your car by not putting excess miles on it. 馃槀. Also you are getting points with the wife for taking that snow bird flight to Florida. I wish you the best of weather for that flight. Here鈥檚 to getting your car out of her sleep come spring. Waiting for that post. 馃榿

Dan

Registered
'Twas a sad day today, with a light layer of snow on the ground, that I drew the 2019 motor oil out of Via and put the 2020 oil in. Gas tank is full and spiked with Seafoam. AFE dry air filter was cleaned, dried, and reinstalled. Plywood under the tires, and pressurized to 50psi. See you in the spring, my friend. (She does not look happy, does she?)

Steve.

Registered
Trust me Frank, when I say that I know what you're going through. We've had a few early snows in Calgary, but temps have been up and down. Today got up to 14C (around 58F?), so managed to get her out for a couple of hours of driving. Basically an excuse to head down the highway, have a coffee, then drive home again. But I think that's it for me for this year as well. Light drizzle outside now, which is supposed to turn to snow overnight, and more snow for the upcoming week.

So, I guess tomorrow I'll head out to the garage, remove the Stubby and lay it on the passenger seat; make sure all the systems are turned off, and tuck her in with her Abarth blanket as well. Those monthly start-ups are what keep me going till May. :)

Best wishes from YYC... l'Abarth est la joie de vivre, mon ami.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys for the moral support
but this depression has got to me
that the only solution is commit ITALIAN SUICIDE. 馃槹I have given several thoughts and concluded to put an end to such suffering and my guts have chosen this.:eek:
Now I need to find a Basement window to jump out.馃槣

Registered
Frank!! remember you can always keep it nice and warm here in NC. We will look after it for you 馃榿

1 - 20 of 69 Posts