Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
I belong to a couple of Fiat 124 Spider groups on Facebook; it is a very international goup of people, where owners love to post photos of their Fiat Spiders in the most amazing settings.

Over the weekend I posted photos of my Fiat 124 Spider in front of Mount Baker. This morning one fellow owner in France wrote under one of my photos:
“Unfortunately, we are not allowed to drive our 124 any longer; lockdowns are now in place in Europe. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.”

😥

·
Registered
532 Posts
Today's stay-at-home order by Michigan's governor means I won't be getting my new Giulia anytime soon. It's about twenty miles away and behind a fence, so I can't even go visit it.

Hiroshima is still building Spiders and Miatas. No sign of the one I consider mine yet. Maybe there will be metal-moving incentives by the time it lands here.

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
79 Posts
Yep!! LA mayor Garcetti has loosened liquor laws and is now allowing alcohol to be delivered with meals from restaurants. I guess liquor is essential. 🍾😂

Dan
Here in NJ, we had a mass shutdown of “nonessentials.” Liquor stores are still open...says something, doesn’t it? 😉

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yes, I'm still contributing to my 401k. Buy low.
Hell yes! Now is the time that you make your real money... You just don't realize it yet.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Killing time so i designed this plate that will replace the topspeed base for my Diecast spider
Since there s no sn under the car I reserved sn 1000. Lol
Let me know what you think of it.
Corners will be rounded and since shops are closed for 3 weeks here due to CoronaV I have time to update it.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lockdown in UK as well. Just as I get my EC phase 1 and Pop map....oh well, will be doing some deep cleaning of the car in the garage, engine detail etc.

Be safe everyone!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Lockdown in UK as well. Just as I get my EC phase 1 and Pop map....oh well, will be doing some deep cleaning of the car in the garage, engine detail etc.

Be safe everyone!
And you Matey ! Cheers
ron

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't worry @frankmar I have been today 10 days in isolation here in Puerto Rico and haven't drive mine since then and it is extremely difficult because I drive the car daily and I miss all the fun. Hope this ends soon for those who don't get paychecks in this situation.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Killing time so i designed this plate that will replace the topspeed base for my Diecast spider
Since there s no sn under the car I reserved sn 1000. Lol
Let me know what you think of it.
Corners will be rounded and since shops are closed for 3 weeks here due to CoronaV I have time to update it.
Nice! I've ordered a bunch of LEGO material, and my plan is to build a replica of the floor in my garage.... black and white checker tiles, with the red tiles to outline where the car is parked. Once complete, then I'll need to get an acrylic cover fabricated for it. Be sure to post a picture of your base when it's completed. Look forward to seeing it...

Here's what I'm working towards....

·
Registered
632 Posts
Apparently Washington State is going into lockdown as well.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Denver mayor issued a shelter-in-place order yesterday and forgot to include liquor and pot shops in the 'essential' businesses list. With a very real threat of riots, prohibition lasted about an hour before a revised order was issued.

Apparently pot is where we draw the line on removal of personal freedoms :D

·
Registered
2019 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
79 Posts
I built a Ferrari F40 LEGO set last night while stuck at home... 😎

liquor stores in town are taking orders via phone and putting them in your trunk upon arrival so you don’t need to enter the store...don’t know how safe that feels. Craft beer supplies are low in my fridge, but don’t know if I want to take the chance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Are joy rides verboten? You're practicing distancing and can always say you are going to get food or fuel.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discouraged in UK for unneeded travel. Obviously yes if popping to shops etc legitamately, but the idea is staying at home.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Apparently Washington State is going into lockdown as well.
Yeh, All we have had on the USA so far was "The Donald" really but last night a thing called "BBC Worldwide America" came on mid evening and it went from a statement from Mr Trump saying something about it all being over by Easter.....to reports from across the USA, NY state seeming to be the epicenter, but grim everywhere and forecasts not good; Meanwhile, here it seems that we are "mostly" following the rules and that the Crap is about to hit the pan Big Time too !
The Spider goes in for it's second service tomorrow, my local independent Garage Foreman (A Good Mate) is collecting it early and bringing it home after work, so as much as I am missing driving and enjoying my Spider......It has to be done that way to keep any warranty my Modded Spider has left in force...still, compared with what the World is going through........
Keep Safe Mate
ron

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Yeh, All we have had on the USA so far was "The Donald" really but last night a thing called "BBC Worldwide America" came on mid evening and it went from a statement from Mr Trump saying something about it all being over by Easter.....to reports from across the USA, NY state seeming to be the epicenter, but grim everywhere and forecasts not good; Meanwhile, here it seems that we are "mostly" following the rules and that the Crap is about to hit the pan Big Time too !
The Spider goes in for it's second service tomorrow, my local independent Garage Foreman (A Good Mate) is collecting it early and bringing it home after work, so as much as I am missing driving and enjoying my Spider......It has to be done that way to keep any warranty my Modded Spider has left in force...still, compared with what the World is going through........
Keep Safe Mate
ron
Just thought (yes, even me).....DOG POO......we spoke about petrol pump handles and key pads, but now most of us are banned......those who have pets may well use Dog Poo bins, or even public waste bins which means LIFTING A LID or Touching a flap.....Gloves ! I know this as I have just walked my dogs and lifted the lid to deposit the bag !!!! so as everyone will be walking animals..............Cheers

21 - 40 of 109 Posts