Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
ahhhh haaahaaa! I see the big guns have been brought out! Nice collection @CDPond !

Excellent stock @Bob T (you have a few of the gift boxes. Blanton's)

@jetlag Have you tried the rum Bumbu? Its my favorite rum now...It's honestly the only Rum I can drink Neat. The flavors are intense (Bananas, vanillas) and the price is very reasonable. $35 750ml. I like Kraken too.

I'll post up a picture of my stock later. But for now a picture of some Bourbon BACON Brittle. This stuff is insane...very chewy!

And a picture of my Lanai Bar...

Bumbu is the bottle in front second from the right. Big GOLD X.

yes that is a BUG Assault rifle hanging on the bar...works wonders on those pesky flies!

aloha mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm same as you Frank. Stuck at home but did the smart thing and pulled the car out of storage in time :).

I met up with Tom to do some social distancing driving recently. Very happy to have a car that I can go for a short drive with.

Can't wait until my newborn is of age to go for drives with me.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Mike34, Jetlag.... since you guys like rum, I'll ask if you've tried Bundaberg? My "go to" rum tends to be Havana Club (the Cuban version, not the off-island variety), but from visiting friends in the land down under, I've been introduced to Bundi, and I really like it. I find it has a bit of an unusal taste, but one that I have acquired a liking for. Now I must confess, when I think of Australia, I don't think of polar bears, but that's the Bundaberg logo. Then again, one should never argue with ursus maritimus.

Bonus trivia question: What colour is a polar bear's skin?

Hint, it's a very binary consideration. :)

PS That bourbon bacon brittle looks incredible!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Calvin by the dust, I gather you don't get too much visits. LOL
and is that how you AGE your liquor?o_O

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike34, Jetlag.... since you guys like rum, I'll ask if you've tried Bundaberg? My "go to" rum tends to be Havana Club (the Cuban version, not the off-island variety), but from visiting friends in the land down under, I've been introduced to Bundi, and I really like it. I find it has a bit of an unusal taste, but one that I have acquired a liking for. Now I must confess, when I think of Australia, I don't think of polar bears, but that's the Bundaberg logo. Then again, one should never argue with ursus maritimus.

Bonus trivia question: What colour is a polar bear's skin?

Hint, it's a very binary consideration. :)

PS That bourbon bacon brittle looks incredible!
The Polar Bear can ward off the coldest weather hence the logo for the rum, perfect for our Canadian friends. The spirit was first made to make use of the waste products of the sugar cane grown extensively in that area.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
I'm same as you Frank. Stuck at home but did the smart thing and pulled the car out of storage in time :).

I met up with Tom to do some social distancing driving recently. Very happy to have a car that I can go for a short drive with.

Can't wait until my newborn is of age to go for drives with me.
Alex you can only do short drives with TOM, his 4C is not too comfortable and too noisy. It's a show car too neat to be driven. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
The Polar Bear can ward off the coldest weather hence the logo for the rum, perfect for our Canadian friends. The spirit was first made to make use of the waste products of the sugar cane grown extensively in that area.
jackovheartz, yes, from Queensland as I remember it. My friends bought me a Bundaberg bar runner and drink mats for my birthday one year. I knew it was a cane sugar derived rum, but it has a flavour profile completely unique to others from cane sugar origins... like Cuban, Jamaican, Barbadian, etc.. And I mean that in a good way. It's different, but "good different". Alas, I can't buy can's of premix Bundi and cola here in Canada, but they were a nice camping beverage while wandering around in Victoria. The good news is that I can buy bottles of Bundi here, and you'll see one in the right side of the middle row of my bar photo.

Frank, that bar's dusty because it's kind of my storage area, and you're right, it doesn't get much acitivity. Hence the dust and the full bottles. Product in active use goes to the main floor bar where the real damage is done. When you come to visit I'll build you a Pisco Sour, or perhaps a Caipirinha (the latter requires some Brazilian rocket fuel). lol

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
ahhhh haaahaaa! I see the big guns have been brought out! Nice collection @CDPond !

Excellent stock @Bob T (you have a few of the gift boxes. Blanton's)

@jetlag Have you tried the rum Bumbu? Its my favorite rum now...It's honestly the only Rum I can drink Neat. The flavors are intense (Bananas, vanillas) and the price is very reasonable. $35 750ml. I like Kraken too.

I'll post up a picture of my stock later. But for now a picture of some Bourbon BACON Brittle. This stuff is insane...very chewy! View attachment 75523

And a picture of my Lanai Bar...

View attachment 75524

Bumbu is the bottle in front second from the right. Big GOLD X.

yes that is a BUG Assault rifle hanging on the bar...works wonders on those pesky flies!

aloha mike
On the way Mike, wait!! Is Hawaiian flying? I may need a boat, hold the ice, it may be a few days, lol:D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Rene. i have 2 1/2 gallon of Brugal XV
They taste better down there
You are correct, I missed it on the picture the first time around. heck, they are all excellent. I think I may have mentioned Barbancourt rum before. it is a superb rum made in Haiti. I used to load up on them , including the Dominican rums in my flying days.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts