Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Describe the best day's driving you've had in your Abarth Spider!

Can't wait to own one myself (few months to go!) and looking for some motivation :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Driving up Pikes Peak in my 124 Abarth w/manual transmission last Saturday, and Independence Pass two days prior.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Driving up Pikes Peak in my 124 Abarth w/manual transmission last Saturday, and Independence Pass two days prior.
Did you happen to take a video of your ride up Pikes Peak? Did the elevation change the way it felt or anything??

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Not sure about the car (the turbo will be a bonus versus NA cars), but YOU will feel different going up Pikes Peak.

The FAA requires pilots in unpressurized planes to be on oxygen if they are over 11,500' for more than 30 minutes and on oxygen continuously if over 14,000'. The summit of Pikes Peak is over 14,000'...

I took the train up a couple of weeks ago and had my oximeter with me just out of curiosity. I was showing a 97% saturation at the base train station and 88% at the summit. Anything low 90's would suggest supplemental oxygen would be a good idea if operating machinery.

·
Registered
119 Posts
No Videos, Sorry

No videos taken; just some photos at the bottom and top. The elevation had no effect, though I needed to keep the RPMS high enough prevent the engine from bogging down. At some points, I had to use first gear just to negotiate some of the steeper portions, like the switchbacks.

Did you happen to take a video of your ride up Pikes Peak? Did the elevation change the way it felt or anything??

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts