Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
1,690 Posts
After ceramic coating, my detailer gave me tips to buy my car care towels and applicators from Detail-division.com. I am absolutely impressed with the Kl!n Due drying towels and Kl!n dual wash mitt. Absolutely excellent. Also picked up some Gtechniq ceramic wash and top coat from Amazon.

There was a personal note from the owner of Detail Division, along with a nice-quality sticker.

·
Read Only
1,690 Posts
303 Graphene nano spray coating gets good write up in Auto express
This stuff is excellent. Be prepared to bring some elbow grease to buff off the dried product, but the result is well worth it. I used it on a 12-year-old Mazda3 and it looked amazing. Giant water beads, very ceramic-like. Car sold in an instant.

·
Read Only
1,690 Posts
Should I be worried about the car sitting filthy like that?

Should I bite the bullet and take the car to the car wash for the first time...? Is there a risk that the car wash bristles might cause damage considering the paint is covered in a film of dirt and salt?
It needs to come off ASAP! I would be tempted to leave it out in the rain to rinse it off, if nothing else.

The one time my car saw salt was when I brought it home after a warranty repair. That drive turned out to be on dry salty roads after a snow storm had passed & melted, but before a cleansing rain. The underbody was coated with invisible salt dust.

It was driving me INSANE that there was salt residue under and on the car. I went outside that night in the cold and dark and just blasted the underside of the car with water from every conceivable angle. I just laid on the ground and got soaking wet in the process...small price to pay. I took a hot shower afterwards...I survived lol.

Another option is a local do-it-yourself coin-operated pressure wash. Around here it would not be advisable to lay on the ground since the stalls are covered in mud from off-roaders washing off dirt, but at least you can soap and rinse the paint and wheels.

The reward for my obsessive rinsing? The underside of my car is not at all rusty. There is very little if any surface rust on any of the bare steel components.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts