Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am a detailing fanatic and I'm a little new to this thread. Have used chemical guys almost since their Inception. Beendown to their original Hawthorne shop and I got a Chemical Guys Outlet less than a mile from me. Taken a few of their classes. I use their polishes and glaze.

I've used many high-end detailing products besides them as well. However, there's a new kid on the block that's actually an old kid and I'm amazed that nobody's mentioned it because Turtle Wax 75th Anniversary Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax is Far and Away the most outstanding wax I have ever used or seen. You can buy it for $30 and it will outperform $200 waxes and it's not even close. Their graphene liquid wax is closed behind and I use that with water as a touch-up. The level of gloss and depth is through the roof. If you don't believe me look at any YouTube video that's reviewed it. Incredible bang for the buck

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Registered
364 Posts
I am going to clay bar, polish and wax my car after Xmas. I have the heritage stripe and am wondering how best to approach this part of the car, is it OK to polish it? (And before the forum police get on my case, I’ve tried 3 or 4 searches and am struggling to find a thread that provides what I am after, though if there is one a link would be great). I am using the Chem. Guys clay bar and lube, then VSS polish and I’ll finish with the Turtlewax grapheme wax. I don’t want to start work on it and find there is a problem. Thanks in anticipation.
I don't know what the purpose of polishing a matte finish would be. Polishing is usually to get scratches and swirls out of clear coat and glossy paint. As for waxing, I don't know if that's a good idea either. I don't have a heritage stripe but I would be interested to know the definitive answer to this question.

Reactions: Walshy6677
1 - 2 of 2 Posts