Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
We very recently added Chemical Guys products and have started using them with great success. We have everything listed at MAP so great prices with us.

+1 @WMBL we have used AmmoNYC's products and watched many of his videos. Amazing guy with great products and great info. We don't sell his stuff, but can't recommend him enough.
I’ve been using Chemical Guys products for years, great products, great results, their online tutorials are very informative.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am a detailing fanatic and I'm a little new to this thread. Have used chemical guys almost since their Inception. Beendown to their original Hawthorne shop and I got a Chemical Guys Outlet less than a mile from me. Taken a few of their classes. I use their polishes and glaze.

I've used many high-end detailing products besides them as well. However, there's a new kid on the block that's actually an old kid and I'm amazed that nobody's mentioned it because Turtle Wax 75th Anniversary Ceramic Graphene Paste Wax is Far and Away the most outstanding wax I have ever used or seen. You can buy it for $30 and it will outperform $200 waxes and it's not even close. Their graphene liquid wax is closed behind and I use that with water as a touch-up. The level of gloss and depth is through the roof. If you don't believe me look at any YouTube video that's reviewed it. Incredible bang for the buck
Thank you for this, I love detailing my Abarth and of late I have decided to clay bar, polish and wax, so strip it right back if you will. I’ve not tried it before, but am looking forward to the challenge. I tried to get a tub of the TW 75th here in the UK, but it seems to have sold out everywhere. Luckily for me, my son lives in SC and is ’coming home’ to the UK at Xmas, he will bring a tub with him. I’ll be off to Chemical Guys today to sort the clay bar and ‘lube spray’, I’ll do the work in January. Thanks again.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am going to clay bar, polish and wax my car after Xmas. I have the heritage stripe and am wondering how best to approach this part of the car, is it OK to polish it? (And before the forum police get on my case, I’ve tried 3 or 4 searches and am struggling to find a thread that provides what I am after, though if there is one a link would be great). I am using the Chem. Guys clay bar and lube, then VSS polish and I’ll finish with the Turtlewax grapheme wax. I don’t want to start work on it and find there is a problem. Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It’s a few days old this thread, but I wanted to tell you about a product I purchased to try to get to grips with the Heritage Stripe. It’s difficult to detail that black bonnet (hood) and boot (trunk), but I purchased these and the results are fantastic, I’m very happy. Essentially, you simply clean the surface and then apply the Jet Seal, no marks, a Matt sheen, perfect!
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Automotive tire Tin can

·
Registered
428 Posts
I’ve been using this synthetic chamois for years on a multitude of cars I’ve owned: it works well, is easy to use, wash and store, and lasts a very long time. I’m only on my second one in 15 years.

After you dry the car, it works great wiping the interior clean, too.

Amazon.com: CleanTools 10067 Absorber Synthetic Drying Towel, 27-Inch x 17-Inch, 1 Sided Texture, 2-Pack : Automotive

View attachment 89934
Yes, I’ve used these for years, though not on my ‘pride and joy’ she gets special treatment when washed.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I’m struggling with the Heritage stripe, I just can’t seem to get it ‘the way I want it’. I didn’t buy the car new and so don’t know what it is supposed to look like, Matt or satin. I have tried applications for both. I know the subject is well covered, but what are people using on this part of the car? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Using Chemical Guys product, clay bar, polish and wax (though with Turtlewax Graphene), end result is the best I have ever had. Just doing Heritage stripe now.
Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts