Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha!

So the story begins its first chapter....After the search for a 124... Which ended up leading me off island, to find, and purchase my Abarth, I now have movement. (other than my bank account). Still have to pay sales tax and registration. :eek:

After purchasing, sight unseen, other than a few pictures on my iPhone...I get pictures and a video today from the dealer...She's on the way...well she on the way to the Port Terminal to wait (6/14/17) for her adventure across the POND.

Parts are accumulating...got the Hawaii safety check sticker bracket...and the Cobalt hood lift kit (mahalo GWR...saved me some pesos by shipping USPS) and several other parts on the way too...yippeee!:)

aloha ! !! !!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some accessories ! !! !!!!

Aloha....Been a few days since I updated this thread.

Well I've installed quite a few little items on Wendy during that time.

1. Abarth emblem on the steering wheel. Like the appearance. http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIAT-ABARTH-WHEEL-CENTER-CAP-EMBLEMS-ALUMINUM-STICKERS-DECAL-2-1-4-SET-OF-4/201935838451?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

2. Abarth emblems on the fenders. Looks natural.

3. Stubby antenna. Looks good

4. DV+ (easy install...but removing the POS plastic piece without breaking is nearly impossible...so don't worry about it and no CEL issues)

5. Interior shelf in the middle storage unit.

6. Car cover (Fiat branded fits great...all the way to the ground and covers the wheels)

7. Top cover (Fits great with top down, will not fit with top up. Added velcro extensions to one side and now top cover fits with TOP up.) Auto Ricambi was helpful and their website says it "will fit with the top up". I called and suggested they remove that statement so others don't have the same issue.

8. Cobalt hood lift. (works great, instructions spot on. BUT...one of the ball connectors was NOT threaded so I had to contact the seller, who contacted Moss Miata and they shipped me a new ball connector so I could finish the install.)
That was a Hassle.

9. Muffler delete exhaust with resonators. (Auto-Ricambi) Easy install with the purchase of the exhaust hanger removal tool. (Highly recommended this tool slide the hangers right OFF) https://www.amazon.com/Aven-058-63100-Exhaust-Hanger-Stretcher/dp/B00NCTIB34/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1499711145&sr=8-3&keywords=exhaust+removal+pliers

Exhaust sounds great and even my better half said it sounded really good (unsolicited statement by her) and she is no Gear-head or even remotely interested in cars.

10.Updated version on entertainment system. https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/blog/

11. PTP Turbo Blanket. Easy install...some burn off smell...no instructions but followed the Dart instruction I found on-line for reference. Figured out after I installed the blanket that the lower bolt/stud was supposed to be installed with one of the three ALLAN head bolts. But since it was on...I left it. Anyone need a ALLAN bolt? HAHA.

12. Intake V4...still waiting for it to come in. Apparently I ordered the same day a few others did but I was last in the que and missed the ones in stock.

13. Let the air out of the tires so all the same psi...some 45psi some 38 psi...stuck them all at 30.5.

14. RAGGTOP protector and cleaner. Used towels and blue carpenter tape to mask off the windows...used 3/4 can of the protector. easy application. taping off was the longest part. Apparently the protector leaves residue on the paint an windows. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MM5ZFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

15. Red cap mirror covers. This was the hardest accessory to install. I was super ginger with the mirrors which led to be being too gentle. After a while I finally started to use force and they popped right off. Driver side is super easy. Passenger side is a $#&#!!!

16. Front bumper Lower Red trim. Easy install...looks GREAT. Used 3M double sided tape. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-124-Abarth-Spider-Front-Bumper-Lower-Red-Trim-New-Genuine-52060683/112359718358?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

17. Side pocket for wallet and cell phone. matches the red stitching too. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Organizer-Leather-Catchers-Chrysler/dp/B06XBYZ7H9/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1499711431&sr=8-14&keywords=car+seat+pocket+organizer

18.Of course wipe her down and shine Wendy regularly. :D

19. Seat bet extender ~ Did this as I love this idea. Mahalo bro..I know you are on this forum and I appreciate your BLOG man! Good job. https://21stcenturyfiat124spider.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/seat-belt-extenders/

I'll add pictures soon.

·
775 Posts
Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Spider. They are wonderful cars indeed. You have chosen some nice upgrades with more to come I am sure. Keep the photos coming
Aloha!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have to say, the hood lift kit is underrated. If you do any work on the engine, even moderately, this really helps to not have the support constantly in the way. I love it, and It was one of the first mods (actually, I think it was the first, along with the stubby antenna).

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say, the hood lift kit is underrated. If you do any work on the engine, even moderately, this really helps to not have the support constantly in the way. I love it, and It was one of the first mods (actually, I think it was the first, along with the stubby antenna).

@SJWhiteley
totally agree....first mod I put on the '13 Mazda CX-5 too. The look on the dealer techs face :eek: when they don't have to use the prop... is in itself ...priceless.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just added the mazda shifter. The squared original just didn't fit my hand right. I didn't weigh it... but it felt a little lighter.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mom and I going for a cruise.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
flowers for Wendi

been quite awhile since I posted anything here (shame)...I post every where, but my own thread...sounds vaguely familiar. Not sure why?

went to a cars an coffee yesterday with @kingofhyrule of course I didn't take any picture....just talking story to much to do so. Plus where we parked (parking garage), it was dark. Next time we will park near the entry. much better natural lighting. Lots of nice exotics, (lambos, Ferraris, AC cobras, Demons, Hellcats, Skylines, mustangs, BMWs etc etc old schools too. A really nicely restored 1970 442 W-30. By really I mean show winner quality. restored to factory using NOS parts.

Perhaps @King of Hyrule can post pictures? he was taking tons. lol

one of me talking story to a RF owner while the paparazzi was stalking Wendi
The others in Kakaako on the way home in front of some street art.

Oooooh and HAD to get Wendi some flowers too.

aloha mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,809 Posts

Nice!! But you better hide that red cooler.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very nice sir, I am REALLY partial to that color scheme :D I have not done much of the red accents to Nina thus far but the red around the headlights is very nice! Not seen that before.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice sir, I am REALLY partial to that color scheme :D I have not done much of the red accents to Nina thus far but the red around the headlights is very nice! Not seen that before.

mahalo!

no credit deserved to me...another forum member (I wish I could remember whom) posted that mod...I loved it. Ordered an extra pair and had them painted along with the tow cap. Vinyl wrap wont stick.

aloha mike

·
Registered
199 Posts
mahalo!

no credit deserved to me...another forum member (I wish I could remember whom) posted that mod...I loved it. Ordered an extra pair and had them painted along with the tow cap. Vinyl wrap wont stick.

aloha mike
Interesting indeed. So they are just some aftermarket inserts? I may have to find them and do that myself to add a little more red. I have to tow cap but that is it.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@woggie
I bought the stock parts and then had them painted.

Part Number Part Name Price Quantity Total

68364930AA Bracket-Fascia $30.71 1 $30.71

68370790AA Bracket-Fascia $30.71 1 $30.71

·
Registered
199 Posts
That is actually not bad. The funny thing is I did not notice the stock inserts to begin with. You just gave me a new discovery!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cars and Coffee of Honolulu, was good. I learned a lot, saw many cool cars and got to hang out with Mike. First rule, find good natural light sources. The parking garage lighting was... parking garage lighting (terrible).
@Mike34 had a number of people approach him about his Wendi.

I had the change to wonder a fair bit while Mike was talking story to the 442 guy (that was a well done car), and got see the LS swapped Miata (NA).

Only a few pictures to share. I took far too few pictures and wasn't happy with what I did shot (the lighting was bad). I also spent more time looking than picture taking. Many years ago I discovered that I could take a lot of pictures of my vacations or... just be in the moment and enjoy my vacation... I'm not good doing both... This Cars and Coffee I decided to enjoy the moment.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts