Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I briefly thought about getting a hardtop, but then realized that it wont make the car any quieter or warmer or the chassis stiffer. The cloth top has to be stowed, which probably isn't good for it for long periods, and then you have to store the thing in the spring summer and fall. Just my two cents.

Then again, I could be wrong on all points.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Nope!!! IMO you're right on all points. A hard top would possibly make sense in snow country, if the car isn’t stored. The other place I can see the hard top would be for a track car. For me I like the ability to spontaneously drop the top at any time for open air driving.

Dan

·
Registered
29 Posts
I briefly thought about getting a hardtop, but then realized that it wont make the car any quieter or warmer or the chassis stiffer. The cloth top has to be stowed, which probably isn't good for it for long periods, and then you have to store the thing in the spring summer and fall. Just my two cents.

Then again, I could be wrong on all points.
Here is a pic of a hard top for sale. It is a Mazda hardtop but it appears to show the soft top underneath is up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone seen the Carbon Fiber top, or the Fiberglass Street top, in person?

As I understand it, and according to their website, the Street Fiberglass top is "fully finished on the inside", and I'd like to know what this entails, and whether or not the Carbon Fiber top is also "fully finished on the inside"...

I will likely be purchasing the carbon top as a Day One mod.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts