Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the procedure for accessing the test mode for the Infotainment system. Interesting stuff.

I expected to see dynamic (every second) GPS data and Satellite count information for test 72 and it did not work. Yes I drove out of the garage, actually about 10 miles but only a stale Longitude/Latitude remained on the screen.

The speaker cycle sound test, 94, sends audio through the individual speakers. Goes a bit fast and uses the current audio source. I was expecting cool sounds to cycle on the speakers like a home entertainment surround sound test. It gets the job done though.

Input button tests and screen display and touch tests are available.

Here is the file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9QlHP8o_tmjTk9GY0t5SHJidTg

For some reason I can't drag and drop to attach the file.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine also keeps a stale lat/long every now and then, maybe about 25% of the time, yet the GPS always works fine in the Navigation. So I would guess a software rather than a hardware issue.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
HA! I was just going to ask if anyone found this file you linked @Jacaso Mahalo!!!

Has anyone utilized this Diagnostic Test Screen for any purpose (other than the CarPlay install).

aloha mike

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
HA! Has anyone utilized this Diagnostic Test Screen for any purpose (other than the CarPlay install).
Prior to AIO tweaks, there used to be an Easter Egg from that screen, that would allow you to trigger scripts - like enable touchscreen, add usb drivers for hid, usbhid, sound, midi, audio, keyboard, enable terminal mode and wi-fi AP, etc. Many of the AIO scripts were pulled from there. You can read more here.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Mahalo bro!! I’ll definitely check it out.

Aloha mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts