Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi while looking through my manual it shows a picture of your speed under the icon that your cruise control is set on the dash but when I set my cruise control no speed appears does anyone have this feature?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My speed shows up when I engage cruise control. I own an Abarth
Thank you I have an Abarth also and I saw that in the manual so today I set it several times to cruise control and didn't get any readout of speed thanks for telling me.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Thank you I have an Abarth also and I saw that in the manual so today I set it several times to cruise control and didn't get any readout of speed thanks for telling me.
The speed set for the cruise control shows up next to the outside temperature - top left area. It shows the most recent speed of the cruise control.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
When you press Cruise On, you see -----km or mi next to the temperature then when you press SET a couple of times it will show the speed its going.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm not sure where on the dashboard you're referring. The Cruise Control speed appears in the left-hand round pod, under the temperature gauge. The outdoor temperature is on the left, the cruise set speed on the right.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great now I got it I was looking under the icon on the dash that lights up on the right side when you turn the cruise control Thank you everbody!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I did notice the speed indicated is set speed not actual speed. You'll be driving along at a set speed of 55 MPH for example and all speed indications agree. Press the + button five times and the speed indicator goes to 60 while the other indications play catch up. So it is set speed not actual speed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I did notice the speed indicated is set speed not actual speed. You'll be driving along at a set speed of 55 MPH for example and all speed indications agree. Press the + button five times and the speed indicator goes to 60 while the other indications play catch up. So it is set speed not actual speed.
If you want a digital readout for actual speed, you might want to try Ameridan's Tweaks for the Nav system.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you want a digital readout for actual speed, you might want to try Ameridan's Tweaks for the Nav system.
That's how I noticed the difference. Although it's the last item in my signature line, it was the first and possibly the best addition I've made to our Spider.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's how I noticed the difference. Although it's the last item in my signature line, it was the first and possibly the best addition I've made to our Spider.
That sounds like a great idea how do you go about doing it?

·
Registered
442 Posts
That sounds like a great idea how do you go about doing it?
The infotainment tweaks? http://www.124spider.org/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/3345-fiat-infotainment-tweaks.html

I've change my startup screen to show Abarth instead of Fiat, installed my own favorite picture from Moloka'i as a background, added the speedo screen, added features to the commander knob and enabled the touch screen while the Spider is moving.

I found something the other day I thought was handy. I think it was under the vehicle menu, sub menu turn. You can make the artificial turn signal flasher click louder and add "three flash" which flashes the turn signals three times if you move the turn signal lever enough to start the flash and return to center without latching the lever. Handy for lane changes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The infotainment tweaks? http://www.124spider.org/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/3345-fiat-infotainment-tweaks.html

I've change my startup screen to show Abarth instead of Fiat, installed my own favorite picture from Moloka'i as a background, added the speedo screen, added features to the commander knob and enabled the touch screen while the Spider is moving.

I found something the other day I thought was handy. I think it was under the vehicle menu, sub menu turn. You can make the artificial turn signal flasher click louder and add "three flash" which flashes the turn signals three times if you move the turn signal lever enough to start the flash and return to center without latching the lever. Handy for lane changes.
Thank you for the information!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts