Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am located in the US, with a manual Abarth.

I thought the US version did not have the Record Monza, apparently we still get pops?

I was on a bit of throttle today since it has some miles on it so I can use the car a little bit more.

When I shift from 1-2 at 4K RPM I heard a pop noise but failed to initiate the sound again, any ideas?

Also from other people, the record monza exhaust does not seems to be very reliable, I think I might just go with the

GWR route with better mid pipe and cross pipes. I dont think their exhausts pops and cracks but it sure does sound fantastic

Kev

·
Registered
113 Posts
Plenty of burbles and pops on throttle let off with gwr set up. Stock set up pops, not so much.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi everyone,

I thought the US version did not have the Record Monza, apparently we still get pops?

I was on a bit of throttle today since it has some miles on it so I can use the car a little bit more.

When I shift from 1-2 at 4K RPM I heard a pop noise but failed to initiate the sound again, any ideas?

Also from other people, the record monza exhaust does not seems to be very reliable, I think I might just go with the

GWR route with better mid pipe and cross pipes. I dont think their exhausts pops and cracks but it sure does sound fantastic

Kev
I have the AR resonated delete - I get pops and cracks upon letup all the time - sounds great. Might get more with the non-resonated but I didn't want too much sound.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Hi everyone,

Kev
I have the AR resonated delete - I get pops and cracks upon letup all the time - sounds great. Might get more with the non-resonated but I didn't want too much sound.
Same pipes...consistently at 3000 rpm when I let up in 3rd 4th gear. Pop pop pop :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yes, pops and gurgles do happen now & then but fairly rare. I'll probably change out my exhaust next spring for something at least as fun as the Monza.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, pops and gurgles do happen now & then but fairly rare. I'll probably change out my exhaust next spring for something at least as fun as the Monza.
The whole GWR Racing set up feels great, I am looking in to that one..

I think no welding required, just simple bolts so we can do it our self

·
Super Moderator
1,281 Posts
Record Monza is way too much $ and supposedly prone to getting stuck in open or closed condition.
GWR is a great supplier among our supporters.
Your alternatives are numerous!
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Record Monza is way too much $ and supposedly prone to getting stuck in open or closed condition.
GWR is a great supplier among our supporters.
Your alternatives are numerous!
Best regards
Pete
I am actually looking at the CF tips exhaust offered from Madness, but their description isnt really clear on if it is a whole exhaust including crosspipe and mid pipe.

The price is 900 if I remembered correctly. I really like the look of the CF tips, but just wondering how good the quality is on that one.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the GWR non resonated full exhaust. It definitely pops. Especially when hot. You get all kinds of angry noises all the time. :)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have the AR non-resonated set up. Definitely love the staccato pops, when I let up on the throttle. The exhaust note at idle and the growl on acceleration definitely sounds much better than stock. So far in 5500 miles of driving it, J Law has not interfered. The stainless steel will also out last both the stock and Record Monza steel cans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts