Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon when it was 102 degrees in the car, I received a message on the display saying that it may not work properly due to the fact that it may be overheated. Has anyone else seen this? Nothing actually happened.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sounds odd. A 102 degree outside temperature is nothing in the South West. Your engine temp guage was normal? Fluid normal?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, everything in the car was perfectly normal. I was out in the Livermore Valley where it was very hot today. I will order a sunshade from Madness tonight.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yes, everything in the car was perfectly normal. I was out in the Livermore Valley where it was very hot today. I will order a sunshade from Madness tonight.
Oh, so this was pertaining to the INSIDE temperature of the cabin? Stranger still. Madness sells a partial car cover that goes over just the cabin, which I'm curious about.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, so this was pertaining to the INSIDE temperature of the cabin? Stranger still. Madness sells a partial car cover that goes over just the cabin, which I'm curious about.
Exactly It was in direct sunlight on a hot day for the first time. Our other car has tinted windows, which mitigate the heat and the valley is much warmer than where we are on the Bay. Touching the metal gas pedal barefoot was also no picnic...as I don't drive in flip-flops. I ordered the sunshade that fits the 124.

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
If you are talking about the radio display...I can understand...direct sunlight on it for an extended period of time can cause the internals of the head unit to not function properly...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Exactly It was in direct sunlight on a hot day for the first time. Our other car has tinted windows, which mitigate the heat and the valley is much warmer than where we are on the Bay. Touching the metal gas pedal barefoot was also no picnic...as I don't drive in flip-flops. I ordered the sunshade that fits the 124.
When I park my car with the top down or park in the driveway, I put on the dome cover that 500 Madness sells. It takes about 2 minutes to put on or take off and it eliminates the heat build up you describe in your post. It is a cheap investment to keep your car cool and protect your interior.

Cheers

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, exactly. Sunshade is on its way. Our weather is usually mild in the Bay Area, but this week has been very hot.

Dave, is it secure on the car? I've thought about getting that also to protect from the sun over time.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yes, exactly. Sunshade is on its way. Our weather is usually mild in the Bay Area, but this week has been very hot.

Dave, is it secure on the car? I've thought about getting that also to protect from the sun over time.
Prosecco, yes it is. It attaches with Velcro to the door handle and mirrors. It also goes under the windshield wipers and push into the convertible top well for the rear.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
When I park my car with the top down or park in the driveway, I put on the dome cover that 500 Madness sells. It takes about 2 minutes to put on or take off and it eliminates the heat build up you describe in your post. It is a cheap investment to keep your car cool and protect your interior.

Cheers
The dome cover works with the top down?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The dome cover works with the top down?
Shark, Yes it does. I mostly use it for driving around with the top down so I don't need to put the top up. Cheers

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Shark, Yes it does. I mostly use it for driving around with the top down so I don't need to put the top up. Cheers
That's awesome, I'm going to get one.

·
Registered
291 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts