Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spyder-Red Top
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's be honest, our display resolution is pitiful. It's unlikely there is a modification or conversion to improve that, however, any suggestions or recommendations?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am surprised that your having issues with the resolution. I find it to be as good as any screen I have every used ! Just some thoughts, please bear with me....... has it always been no good for you or has it changed over time ?.... have you adjusted the contrast/brightness controlls....... are you particularly tall or short ( I'm 5' 8")......... and are you sure that the protective film has been removed ?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Its 800 by 400 ish. CarPlay doesn't change that as far as I know. Both it and the oem software use that resolution.

It's a 7inch diagonal screen with total pixels of 320,000, so 45000 pixels per inch

For comparison, my phone is 6.4 inch diagonal with 380000 Pixels per inch.

So it could be called low res compared to an decent modern phone. But has anyone sat in a 2016 era Audi? Yiu can see the pixels on the standard screen!

I actually think its pretty good for a car screen. I used to hire new cars every month for work and only new VW systems were noticeably sharper.

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spyder-Red Top
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's be honest, our display resolution is pitiful. It's unlikely there is a modification or conversion to improve that, however, any suggestions or recommendations?
Resolution is the wrong description, the graphics are mediocre, plus the matt glass to minimize reflection doesn't help. I am used to an Acura HD display in my SUV which is outstanding by comparison.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Actually its probably contrast in all honesty. This is likely a TFT display or possibly LCD but it does seem to lose colour at an angle.

Either way, I doubt the contrast ratio is brilliant. Anyway used to good LCDs or OLED TVs will know what good contrast looks like!

Reactions: GuidoVeloce

·
Registered
735 Posts
I may have missed the point of your question ! Not sure if you mean clarity as opposed to pixel count ? Having owned the Lusso and previously an MX5 ND RF (same 7" display), and been an active member of both forums, I've not really come across many owners having issues. Having said that, our screens are now a few years old by design so will of course now feel somewhat dated. In addition to my points earlier, have you managed to compare yours with another 124 to see if they are similar in clarity ?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Resolution is the wrong description, the graphics are mediocre, plus the matt glass to minimize reflection doesn't help. I am used to an Acura HD display in my SUV which is outstanding by comparison.
This is correct. The resolution is fine/ok, the fiat graphics are horribly over-blurred.

Reactions: black cherry
1 - 8 of 8 Posts