Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car for an ABS related checkup. When I picked up the car, I notice there are scratch marks in the lower corner of the display. I have seen similar picture on the net. I wonder if anyone knows what caused it. dealer said they didn't touch that part of the car. could it be caused by heat as the car was parked outside and weather has been hot in NY area. Thanks
Automotive lighting Hood Gadget Automotive exterior Bumper
White Light Plant Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a very similar thing at the top of my display. Will take a photo when I can

I've not taken these units apart, don't know if it's feasible to repair. It looks actually like some glue has delaminated from the display. It's likely a full replacement

I've seen some headunits come up on the used parts resellers in the UK for like £220 so wasn't worth for me

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not a recall, but if you have this issue it’s covered under warrant. I have this issue and will be getting my screen replaced on my 2020.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth Spider
24 Posts
Just heard from the dealer. They want to get a Chrysler rep to confirm it is covered under warranty. The dealer is concerned that Chrysler may say it is from an impact, and won’t cover under warranty.

The cost to repair is $2000.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
$2000 is a absolute ridiculous number. My dealership confirmed it’s maximum a 1hr job and the part itself is $1000. You could get a used one for $300.

Reactions: samberken

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider Turismo, 02/2017
25 Posts
Is most likely a LCD-Display, the Front-Glass is glued in with an adhesive and through expansion while cooling/heating it can "crack" or delaminate itself.

Normally thats a manufacturing-error, where the tolerances for expansion and contraction are not properly done.

Should be "easy" to fix once you get the glass of, depending if the screen-area is glues to it too. Otherwise when trying to take it off you will rip the lamination of the screen and it goes on byebye-mode for the rest of its life.

If i ever have that problem will look into it. Because that price is r i d i c u l o u s e.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is most likely a LCD-Display, the Front-Glass is glued in with an adhesive and through expansion while cooling/heating it can "crack" or delaminate itself.

Normally thats a manufacturing-error, where the tolerances for expansion and contraction are not properly done.

Should be "easy" to fix once you get the glass of, depending if the screen-area is glues to it too. Otherwise when trying to take it off you will rip the lamination of the screen and it goes on byebye-mode for the rest of its life.

If i ever have that problem will look into it. Because that price is r i d i c u l o u s e.
Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts