Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question for those that have one in their car. I looking at the diverter valve + blow off adapter in the 500Madness page, and I also looking at the options from the EC webpage. How will any of you rate them, in regards to reliability, performance, and quality?

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
I have the EC provided components, but that's GFB DV+ and a Forge BOP. I've had zero issues with either of them, other than getting to the oil filter is a little hader now because of the part sticking out another inch into the access space.. but functionally no issues. Forge sells the exact same products, but additionally two other BOV's. I have no experience with the SILA or Bonalume products, so can't speak to them. FCA used to show an Abarth branded BOP in their accessories catalogue, but I don't think it ever made it into production. Every time I've asked my parts folks to check the codes for it they say it has no listing in MOPAR.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Spider Abarth Custom
1,820 Posts
Getting the GFB DV+ at the minimum is good for anything other than the most hard core really. Add a BOA if you want the sounds.

Forge is the top of the line, its great. Smaller stack as mentioned above since its one small piece and solenoid is relocated elsewhere. Has multiple spring options based on application and couple with the Intake Pressure Compensation Valve and you really don't need a spring at all. IPCV also bypasses the DV solenoid completely, it uses high and low boost pressure differences to open and close the DV valve.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, and yes, I am not looking for the hardcore stuff, just trying to improve what I can, as it compares to the OEM equipment.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I run the DV+ with the EC 1446+ turbo and it works great. I also have it stacked with the Torque Solutions blow off plate.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have the DV+ on mine works great. Having said that, the OEM valve worked well as well, had no issues with it. It was the "cool" thing to do at the time. I managed to remove the OEM unit all in one piece, lots of folks destroyed theirs in the process

·
Registered
622 Posts
You want the GFB DV+ diverter valve. It really improves driveability by eliminating the laggy spots that occur when the stock valve opens and dumps all of the boost.

Don't worry about breaking the stock cheap plastic valve seat, you will never use it again anyway.

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting the GFB DV+ at the minimum is good for anything other than the most hard core really. Add a BOA if you want the sounds.

Forge is the top of the line, its great. Smaller stack as mentioned above since its one small piece and solenoid is relocated elsewhere. Has multiple spring options based on application and couple with the Intake Pressure Compensation Valve and you really don't need a spring at all. IPCV also bypasses the DV solenoid completely, it uses high and low boost pressure differences to open and close the DV valve.
Thanks, I guess you talking about the one that have all the holes around and the hoses, right? I going to search for a video to see how it sounds, plus I already talked to the service manager and he said it will not void the warranty.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've fitted the GFB DV + about a month ago and have found that it does give a subtle improvement to the driveability by reducing the lag between gear changes and by reducing the spiders willingness to bog down and stall if you pull away with low revs. Don't get me wrong, it is a subtle but a real improvement never the less. A couple of the reviews suggest that if you fit the optional new GFB's spring that is provided ( if you don't fit this, you will simply improve the reliability of the valve rather than benefit from the valves potential to retain some of the boost ) you may get a EML fault light but I gather this is rare and wasn't a problem on mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts