Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am thinking of entering my Spider at the local Cars And Coffee tomorrow. I already washed and waxed the exterior, but the engine compartment needs detailing.

What product do you recommend that won't make a big mess or require a nuclear waste suit...?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Hey guys, I am thinking of entering my Spider at the local Cars And Coffee tomorrow. I already washed and waxed the exterior, but the engine compartment needs detailing.

What product do you recommend that won't make a big mess or require a nuclear waste suit...?

Thanks in advance!
Leave it as is, it will get dirty again. LOL I think there are several products, don't get them too agressive, make sure you have a air compressor to dry it.

Reactions: Aldo

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ive used " Gunk " engine degreaser and engine detailer on my truck , but im hesitant and dont think i will ever use them on my 124.
It does a great job on my truck though.
I only drive my 124 on dry days except on my annual long drive for service during which ive driven in rain. Its also garaged 6 months a year so consequently my engine compartment is like new

·
Registered
710 Posts
"Patina" is all the rage nowadays. Just tell the judges that engine bay crud keeps it period correct.

• Haha
Reactions: Aldo

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Using a leaf blower will get rid of any loose stuff. Maybe one of those cobweb dusters would get into the crannies without getting torn apart and leaving a mess. I suppose the leaf blower would clear that . . .? 🤔
Let us know what worked.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended cleaning the area as much as I could with some spray-on detailer and 303.

Turns out when I showed up at the show, there were quite a few cars that hadn’t even been through a car wash.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The nicest thing about the show was to see so many young people come to look at the cars.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like you solved your concern.
Did you ever open you hood?
Yes I did.

I stood back to observe people’s reaction: they seemed more interested in the overall looks of the car than in looking at the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts