Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn on this. Do we really want the crap tv coverage and ads that most new cars get in the US. I kind of like the "what is that" comments I get.

My biggest fear is a terrible ad and something that pushes the cheap entry price. I feel like it devalues my car if everyone thinks i got it for nothing. I know it's not a high end luxury sports car but most people dont know that.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Reactions: SteveWy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My last car was the Dart GT the ads at the beginning when that car first came out where non-stop really pushing the starting price of like $14000 for the base model Dart. My car cost more than double that. It was as if dodge stepped a "cheap crap" sticker on the back of my car after I bought it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't feel ashamed or weird admitting that the car is based on the MX-5 Miata. It's a good chassis that has a great racing heritage. Plus FIAT Chrysler took all the bad parts (ugly catfish face, rear end that looks like a Cobalt that had a butt lift, and a cheep looking interior) and added soft touch panels to the doors and amazing body panels that give it one ****-of a good look. We really got the best parts of the Miata with a better motor, who doesn't love a turbo, better interior and much better looks from the curb.

In term's of terrible commercials...
Remember this one? So glad I haven't seen it on the air lately. Don't get me wrong, I totally get a woody every time I drive the 124 Spider, but we don't need to advertise that to the world. ;)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Oh dear I hated those series of commercials. Definitely felt they did no justice for the 124 whatsoever. Yea they had great rolling shots, but they were just so awkward lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Oh dear I hated those series of commercials. Definitely felt they did no justice for the 124 whatsoever. Yea they had great rolling shots, but they were just so awkward lol.
The worst one for me was I believe the 500L. The pill fell into the gas tank and... well... "thinks got bigger" >:)

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I don't feel ashamed or weird admitting that the car is based on the MX-5 Miata.
Collaboration is the way of the world for lowish volume sports cars from now on. 86/BRZ, 124/MX5 and the upcoming Z5/Supra. Fiat have done a great job differentiating the 124 from the MX5 and have given the car a very different character. I know. I've got both of them in the garage! And I like both of them....although I probably think that the RF is the prettiest one

(Dons flamesuit)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am all for what ever gets more sales so the car stays around. I would rather this incarnation of the 124 to be around 20 years than parts being hard to come by in 6 years since the platform died after 4 years on the market.

Reactions: Rickiwithani
1 - 9 of 9 Posts