Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
If so, how do you like it and where did you get it?.
Sadly I don't think it has ever been available in North America. Your best bet is to get it overseas but the shipping cost will be expensive!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Standard on U.K. Spec Abarth - sounds like a WWII doodlebug on start up and gives you the giggles with pops and bangs on the overrun.
Also I love proper Round Tail Pipe Exhaust tips.....too many modern cars are getting their exhausts lost in over stylised bumpers.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If so, how do you like it and where did you get it?.
I have spent a lot of time searching... The Record Monza is not available in the US. I haven't found anything equivalent for the North American market either.

Ragazzon has a really cool muffler for our cars with electrically operated bypass valves. But it is HUGE money and only available in Europe.

I looked at quite a few of the UK parts suppliers, and none of them had the Record Monza listed.

Mopar had the Record Monza for sale briefly on their website, listed for the Classica and Lusso, which made no sense. They took it down shortly after I inquired about it.

After a year of looking, I give up... I am going to go with the GWR with a resonated mid pipe.

Reactions: Jaybo

·
Registered
579 Posts
According to ePer (spare parts catalogue) there are 6 variants of the centre pipe (with small silencer) depending on whether you have Fiat (or Abarth), auto or manual, LHD or RHD but I would imagine that as far as after-market versions go, there will probably be just one (and there's only one drawing whether it's Fiat or Abarth). Prices shown are between £250-£280.

The rear silencer is drawn differently for Fiat (or Fiat with Abarth trim, like you guys get in the US) or Abarth. The Fiat one has one variant for Abarth trim, and 4 others depending on plain or bright exhaust tips, and RHD or LHD. Prices are shown starting at £320 and go up to £460 for the Abarth trim (the US version).

For the "true" Abarth, the part number is 52060684 and at £760 is shown as being "with specific exhaust terminal pipe" (the real Record Monza?)

Edit: A Google on that number brings up the Japanese Abarth accessory catalogue, confirming the part number http://www.abarth.jp/pdf/ABARTH124spider_JPN_ACC_201609.pdf

·
Registered
561 Posts
chiming in here

so i'll chime in here... i have a 124 abarth and a 500 abarth.

usually the 500 is my sons occasional driver and 124 is my daily.

i took the 500 to the dealer for oil change today after not having driven it for awhile.

I'm in the process of pulling the trigger on an autoricambi muffle delete, swinging back and forth between the resonated or the non resonated.

what i want? i want the 500 abarth exhaust. as i drove it today, i realized how perfect in every way it is.

i mean it, it is absolutely perfect in every way (record monza).

so i already asked sharkcohen (david) and got his opinion, but i'll ask here in a relevant thread.

anybody that has the AR resonated or non resonated also has a 500 abarth or has driven it and can give me some comparisons in words on what your experience has been? am i going to be disappointed with one or the other?

Reactions: Brett67

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Reactions: CO124

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
$895 plus either sales tax (if it applies) or shipping for an axle back replacement is still a bit eye-watering, but better than I expected...

And I'd like to hear from overseas owners who have it if the reported valve and corrosion issues are real.

·
813 Posts
Exhaust options

that's really awesome news... looks like my decision to buy an AR might be on hold for a while. sorry brett
Hey, I understand, the Record Monza is a nice system and sounds amazing. Our options are less than half the price but you cannot go wrong with either solution.

Kudos to FIAT for making this system available for North America.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hey, I understand, the Record Monza is a nice system and sounds amazing. Our options are less than half the price but you cannot go wrong with either solution.

Kudos to FIAT for making this system available for North America.
half the price is tempting. what i don't want to do is buy the AR and then compare it all the time to my 500 abarth and regret the decision. youtube vid's don't do it for me. what i really wish is that i could drive a 124 abarth with AR resonated, with AR non resonated, and with the record monza. i'd know what i want within 5 mins total in each car i'm sure, and not regret the amount.

The RM on the 500 abarth is perfection. the AR resonated, non resonated, and the RM for 124 are only word of mouth and youtube vids for me:crying:

Reactions: CO124

·
813 Posts
If you don't mind the slightly higher sound levels, the non-resonated AR system is about as close as we have seen to the 500. Even then it is not the same. The 500 has some extra added magic or something. You are right though, the YouTube video is so hard to tell with the sound coming out of the screen at you.

Whatever you decide is good.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTMO8a8lcKu/

·
Registered
186 Posts
$895 plus either sales tax (if it applies) or shipping for an axle back replacement is still a bit eye-watering, but better than I expected...
Yeah, but that's MSRP which most dealers will do at 10-15% off of and some of the big online sites closer to 30% off. Not as bad as I would have expected for an OEM system. It'll also have a warranty handled by the dealer.

·
Vendor
3,342 Posts
Yeah, but that's MSRP which most dealers will do at 10-15% off of and some of the big online sites closer to 30% off. Not as bad as I would have expected for an OEM system. It'll also have a warranty handled by the dealer.
My concern is about rust. I haven't seen the system yet, but I have heard stories about rust jamming the mechanism. That would suck because without that flapper, all that extra piping is just dead weight. Hopefully we will get feedback from US users soon.

Greg

1 - 20 of 249 Posts