Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd be intrigued to see that for pure curiosity sake. I'm unsure how you'd get the dual tips to fit in the stock trim on a Lusso or Classico, or if you did manage to get them to mount, aesthetically would it get a passing grade?. FCA/MOPAR always mentions the use of a template to perform a cut out to allow them to fit on those models. But I understand the desire not to cut if you don't have to... bumpers aren't cheap, and if you ever wanted to revert to stock, you'd need to find a donor part to put back on.
I have the Monza on my Lusso and no mods were made to make it fit.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Got my Record Monza done today! Man...listening to the sweet, sweet music from those pipes is amazing! What the car was meant to sound like! :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have the Monza on my Lusso and no mods were made to make it fit.
When you have a moment, please post a pic of the rear end of your vehicle. I'm interested to see how they look on a non-Abarth model.

I had mine installed late last fall, and a few days ago I was out cruising around town. I love having the RM sound back on my Abarth. It's the way they were meant to me. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
RM on Lusso / Classica

Pictures would be great of RM on non-Abarth, Fireblade908 says no trimming on his. Did anyone else install RM and trim following FCA template? If you did trim, can you post picture of the result and the instructions / template, please?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am enjoying my RM on my Abarth (factory fit as a 2019 option). I have a EC P2 tune without pops and bangs, but I do get bangs with the RM. I've not done any stringent scientific based testing but it does seem somewhat dependent upon the air temperature (and perhaps humidity). The RM Makes me smile without being overly obnoxious.

Then again if my 124 had not come with the RM I probably wouldn't have ordered one afterwards as I'd rather have the larger downpipe and exhaust to help with turbo spin up etc.

TheSalamander

·
Registered
233 Posts
When you have a moment, please post a pic of the rear end of your vehicle. I'm interested to see how they look on a non-Abarth model.

I had mine installed late last fall, and a few days ago I was out cruising around town. I love having the RM sound back on my Abarth. It's the way they were meant to me. :)
First off, apologies for the delay. Life gets busy sometimes. As you can see it all fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Does anyone have a part number I can give to my FIAT dealer, they are a little brain dead.
Here you go: the numbers are: for the actual exhaust, Mopar p/n: 82215590. There is also a donut washer that goes between the midpipe and the muffler. You may be able to reuse the existing washer, but it's not super expensive (~$20.00) and I ordered one with my muffler...they used it on install. The washer part number is: 68314002AA .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here you go: the numbers are: for the actual exhaust, Mopar p/n: 82215590. There is also a donut washer that goes between the midpipe and the muffler. You may be able to reuse the existing washer, but it's not super expensive (~$20.00) and I ordered one with my muffler...they used it on install. The washer part number is: 68314002AA .
Awesome!! I’m going to order both! Appreciate it! Edit: I need a month or so to get her funds, but I will order these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Adding to this: I just installed the RM on a 2017 Lusso with AT. Real easy install like others have said. Maybe 20 minutes to do the change. And fits perfectly "as is" with no mods.

On the Lusso there is a bit of a drone when cruising ~45 mph where the RPM is in the 1600-1800 range. It's not bad but noticed no one has reported this yet. Maybe the Lusso's resonator is creating it at this particular RPM and speed (?) compared to the non-resonated Abarth's. Easily corrected by shifting down a gear :)

Curious to hear from Abarth drivers do you notice any drone when cruising with light throttle in the 45 MPH range (probably 6th gear)?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Adding to this: I just installed the RM on a 2017 Lusso with AT. Real easy install like others have said. Maybe 20 minutes to do the change. And fits perfectly "as is" with no mods.

On the Lusso there is a bit of a drone when cruising ~45 mph where the RPM is in the 1600-1800 range. It's not bad but noticed no one has reported this yet. Maybe the Lusso's resonator is creating it at this particular RPM and speed (?) compared to the non-resonated Abarth's. Easily corrected by shifting down a gear :)

Curious to hear from Abarth drivers do you notice any drone when cruising with light throttle in the 45 MPH range (probably 6th gear)?
I just tested this and only in sport mode, in regular mode I do not have the drone at 45.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, just installed the RM on the 124. Sounds great. I notice that exhaust is coming out from all pipes, and alot more from the pipes that by pass the muffler. Took it for a drive the sound is louder of course when you speed up. I also got someone to rev the car after it was cold and hot to see if the by pass valve spring would open or close, no movement at all, whether reving it or not the no difference in sound. I'm able to turn the pivot point on the flap valve, the mechanism works if done by hand. My question is when does valve or flap works ? Because I can't seem to see it working, even thou, it sounds nice as it should have been from the beginning.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It should open up somewhere around 3500 rpm. Seems like you need to sustain that for a bit to build up pressure. (Like when you are accelerating) When it opens, you will know it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Steve for the quick reply. It was sugested to me to remove the spring that holds the valve closed and just tied the flap open with a stainless steel wire. If I do that, I was wondering if I would lose any power or have compression problems at low speeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you remove the spring, you tie the arm where the spring was attached to the outer shield that protects the mechanism. You fix the flap so it remains open at all times.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts