Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Got my new abarth out of the dealership a few days ago, both this one and the one I had before had record Monza exhausts, they came out new with them. Is this an Italian thing only? In US / CA they were only sold with stock exhausts?
Just curious, I thought getting it with RM was a worldwide thing

By the way, not sure why but although they both had the same exhaust this one sounds a bit louder than the previous abarth I had. Weird.
It's a strange thing, is what it is.

The 500 Abarths sold in NA (and manufactured in Mexico) came stock with the Record Monza. The 124 Spider Abarths from the land of cherry blossoms and targetted for North America came with a quad pipe, non-Record Monza as stock equipment. And I can tell you from personal experience, it was a two year battle to even lay hands on a Record Monza to install on my car to replace what it came with. I'm attributing a lot of that to the fact that Abarth's are sold through Abarth dealerships in Europe, and are just another trim level in the American markets. Same reasoning behind why we initially didn't get Abarth badging anywhere other than on the hood and trunk. Fenders, seats, steering wheel, engine cover... none were provided or branded Abarth in the early model years (2017 ~ 2018)..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, i wonder why.. you did though get a lot of other stuff that is not available even as an option in Europe (blind spot warning, rearview camera, garage door opener on the rearview mirror, etc. ) So I guess there are quite a few regional differences

The badging is weird though.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Anyone interested in buying a Record Monza? Have one with 2000 miles on it. Send me a private message!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Three of the cars I'm considering are equipped with the RM exhaust, and I'm keen, but I wonder if anyone that has it gets complaints from spouse/neighbors?

I run unbaffled zoomie/trumpets on the Manx, but there are several Harley riders in the neighborhood that are much, much louder...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
It is not that loud and certainly "fits" the car very well. The OEM exhaust my car came with was very lame. My bride does not object to it and she is sensitive to loud noises.

241 - 246 of 246 Posts