Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
301 - 320 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Ok Guys this is not funny, Today while waiting for he green light, by curiosity I looked to my right and guess what, the OLD LADY gives me thumbs up, rolling the window down smiles at me and tells me
"you have a lovely car". o_O :eek:
I smiled at her and thank GOD I had the ROARPEDAL to get me off there fast.
The car is suppose to attract young lovey girls or young ladies.:cool:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
@frankmar , I had someone call my Spider my "midlife crisis car". What crisis?
My snarky sister-in-law said that when I started riding motorcycles at age 49. I said, "It's a midlife awakening. I have the time, I have the means, and I have the desire...to enjoy my life!"

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Coming out of Trader Joe’s the guy parked next to me has his door wide open; he is bent down doing something on the floor to his Toyota CR-V; Honda RAV4 or whatever it was.

“Excuse me. May I get in my car? I ask. He closes the door and apologizes. As I get in my car he says “What is that...a Porsche or something?” “Yes. It is something; it is a FIAT.” I reply. He looks at me and says “Huh?” “A FI-AT!” I repeat. I must be speaking Chinese because he has no clue what I am saying.

I smile, start the car and leave.

• Haha
Reactions: Magoffin

·
Registered
787 Posts
I got my passenger side outside mirror replaced today and everyone at the body shop couldn’t stop talking about the car. Looks like a Maserati or Ferrari.

·
Registered
2019 124 Lusso
55 Posts
I had a guy at my morning coffee stop ogling the car and couldn't say enough good things about it. He couldn't believe that they're not selling them in the U.S. any more.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
471 Posts
Ok Guys this is not funny, Today while waiting for he green light, by curiosity I looked to my right and guess what, the OLD LADY gives me thumbs up, rolling the window down smiles at me and tells me
"you have a lovely car". o_O :eek:
I smiled at her and thank GOD I had the ROARPEDAL to get me off there fast.
The car is suppose to attract young lovey girls or young ladies.:cool:
Similarly older guys love my car. Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Was hoping to drive my Spider to get my (drive-through) flu shot today. Unfortunately, the weather does not appear prepared to cooperate.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Similarly older guys love my car. Hmmm.
There does not seem to be any age indicators for me. From grade school kids all the way to octogenarians, we get comments from them all. 2 days ago, I drove past 3 middle school age kids walking home from school, they yelled out, "Nice car!" as I drove by. Yesterday, near a different school, a 70-ish year old crossing guard yelled, "Beautiful car!" as I drove by. It seems to appeal to all ages.

Reactions: DAC17

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yesterday I was complimented by my Jeep/Dodge/Fiat/AR dealer service manager. He said the Fiat 124 model was one of the best looking on the last decade they had on the floor, but also said that mine was the nicest he crossed!

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
572 Posts
It's overwhelmingly middle-aged and elderly white men who approach or acknowledge my car, and judging by their accents I'd say a good chunk grew up in Europe.

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso Rosso Red/Camel Leather seats with all the "bells & whistles"
29 Posts
Almost every day! Usually when stopped at a traffic signal, getting gas, or in a parking lot. Lots of 👍too.😎

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
2017 124 Classica
295 Posts
Oddly enough, my 500 Abarth still gets more comments in public than my 124. Significantly more.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 · (Edited)
Last night I park in front of the supermarket. A lady in her 80s cracks open the rear window of the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross parked right next to me and yells “I love your car!”

I turn around to look at her. I can see who must be her grand daughter sitting in the front, staring at her phone.

Looking at the old lady, I smile and say “Thank you!”

“What is it?!?” She yells once again.

“A Fiat!” I reply, still looking at her.

“A what...?”

“A Fiat!” I repeat.

She looks confused. Several seconds later she tries again “A Kia?!?”

Making sure she can read my lips, I try again “A Fiat!”

She still looks confused.

Trying to help her out, I add “It is Italian...!”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought...” she says.

I get out, lock the car, flash her a smile.

As I walk away I hear her say “Thank you!”

What a sweet lady!

Amazing the effect the little car has on people of all ages.

·
Registered
181 Posts
A very nice looking woman was walking her dog up the sidewalk while I was heading the other way down the sidewalk. Not wishing to be creepy and/or get canceled, I kept my eyes safely focused ahead of me on where I was walking. Half a block down I come upon where somebody had parked their 124 Spider and there's towels on the passenger seat and carpet looking as though that dog had just passengered up with that woman in that 124 Spider. Myself looking rather homeless and out of it after a 90 minute massage, I skulked on down the sidewalk a little further to my own 124 Spider. Drove back around to give an acceptably friendly wave but they'd vanished, I suppose, into one of the stores, probably Bark Street Petopia given the dog, but who knows. I am tempted to start the North Atlanta Fiat Fly Car 124 Drivers Club but the wife would see through all of it and stab me in appropriate places. Well, there's the potential for a stabbing, plus my Fly Car 124's broke. Again.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Parked outside my coffee shop yesterday and the barister brings out my coffee (we are in the world’s longest Covid lockdown here in Melbourne and cannot wait in the shop), and says to me….”Is that a Ferrari? Almost makes lockdown worthwhile.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I pop into the local McD's for a drink every now and then, and there's a kid that works there, owns a '02/'04 WRX. I've caught him looking a few times, and yesterday he was working the till window and leans out and says "That the Ab-rath Spider, right?"

I said "Ah-bart, yeah."

He goes "Ok, so that's basically the ND Miata, with a different body right? Turbo 4 cylinder, like 150hp, built in Japan, right?"

I go "Yeah, that's right.You're the first person that knows what it is, people usually ask."

He says "My girlfriend thought it was a Ferrari! I want one!"

I figure he scoped the badge a previous time, and Googled...

·
Registered
189 Posts
At a car show today, 2 different people asked me if it was a Maserati...

301 - 320 of 322 Posts